New Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 06/18/2018

I also like the chemistry between Ben and 

Ciara. I like them as actors too. But Ben is a killer. He’s killed, what is it, four people, including that poor Wendy who delivered Abby’s baby.

Are they really going to redeem him?  I find it unseemly and creepy. I guess if they have all of his victims come back from the dead, like Will, I’d be better with it!! 

The road where Ciara had her accident is v strange looking. No cars going by!

Esteemed Contributor

So...no mention of giving Lani steroids to help mature the preemie's lungs.  Okay.  They really need me to be their medical liaison.  I'd do it for free.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

...and "the neonatologist will be right in as soon as the baby is born" is not correct.  The neonatologist would be there from the beginning. 

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well so far Ciara isn't on today..or Hope,etc.

all about Lani and the baby..  and needing emergency  surgery to deliver her 6 mo. baby.and Dr. Kayla doing everything.!!

yes,everything!

.Guess they fired all the other doctors at the hospital...

wait...why didn't she  also have JJ  assist her and Eli's mom???

sigh

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

...if you are on the operating table, there is no need for a backboard (which Kayla called for in order to do CPR).  The table is a backboard.

Come on...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
@MamaWick  I was wondering, isn't O negative blood a bad risk for a pregnancy? I'm sure it used to be.

I don't understand why nobody seemed thankful that they didn't lose Lani. They kind of forgot about that, didn't they? Very sad a baby died. But Lani can have more children. She is alive and hopefully healthy! The baby surely would have made it if Lani hadn't taken a turn for the worse. I hope she isn't going to blame Kayla for making her sign that consent thing. 

I had to ff thru all that dream sequence stuff, mixed in with what actually did happen back then. DAYS trying to be dramatic. Boring is more like it, but that's just me.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know that Kayla and Val specialized in high risk pregnancy deliveries, I thought that was a job for OB/GYN. And I didn't know that Salem Hospital had an excellent NICU. 

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. 

Esteemed Contributor

O negative blood is the universal donor.  When a patient is in need of blood, O negative is usually called for in an emergency situation. 

The Rh negative factor comes in to play if mother is Rh negative (any blood type) and baby is Rh positive.  However, mother can receive RhoGAM and all will be well.

Respected Contributor

I just hope they don't do something stupid like inject the baby with that serum that they have for bringing people back on that show. Like Will and Lillian. They are so far off on everything else. No happiness ever !!!

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

O negative blood is the universal donor.  When a patient is in need of blood, O negative is usually called for in an emergency situation. 

The Rh negative factor comes in to play if mother is Rh negative (any blood type) and baby is Rh positive.  However, mother can receive RhoGAM and all will be well.

Oh, of course, that's what I was thinking of. Thanks, mama.