Trusted Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 04/17

Wow!   I watched Days a little last week, for the first time in 4 or 5 months, and it made me so ill that I need to be the patient in that one hospital room they have!

There were so many young actors that I don't know.

Can't figure out whose kid is whose kid.

Julie was mean and insensitive.

Sweetness is still sweet, after all these years.

There is a girl with a cone head.

Who ARE these people??

I guess I need to watch more often!  I watched faithfully for 25 years, then stopped for a couple of years because it got so ridiculous, and now the bit of what I DID know about this show, I no longer know!  And now I have thoroughly confused myself, and probably confused you ladies as well !!! 

Hoping all you Daysies are doing well - waving to pals Jud, Twinnie and everyone!

Honored Contributor

@123SuzyQ123  suzie, I was just thinking about you the other DAY-glad you're kinda still with us! Yeah, the show is terrible. I have been on hiatus for 6 weeks and I came back via computer since DISH is in negotiations to get NBC back. We lost it. But I think the show is even worse than I remembered! I know, new people (who are these people) that I've never seen. I haven't got time for this-if it doesn't get better I may have to am-scray. Don't make it so long between visits!!!

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

I had a subscription to SOD for years, but let it lapse in 11/2015.  I recently got an email offering me a 1 yr for $29.95 (0.56 an issue) so I renewed. 

@MamaWick, @AuntG, wow!  I used to pay around $90 a year, right, Mama?  And it's overpriced at the checkout counter.  If they sent me that offer I'd take it too!

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@sophiamarie Yep, I did say that. I said Mildred Pierce reminded me that Joan Crawford was in another movie and there was a beach house-but it wasn't Possessed as I thought. I'll remember it eventually. I'll go to IMDB when I get the time.

I do not remember Carol Burnett doing Mildred Pierce. I remember her doing Scarlett and wearing the curtain for a dress and saying she saw it in a window and just couldn't resist. Ahhh, the good old days.

Sorry, guys, for being OT.

@Judaline, don't apologize, especially on the weekend.  I'm chiming in because I think that Carol Burnett skit is the funniest thing ever.  If I had to name the funniest thing I've ever seen it would be that.  And then a bunch of Larry David Show and Seinfeld LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline, don't give up the show forever!  Come July (and time here seems to be going very quickly, don't know about at your house) we'll be getting little teensy peeks at the new head writer's stuff, more in August, in September no more Dena Higley -- ever!  And it should be really good. 

I expect a lot from this man because his writing saved General Hospital, which was scheduled to be canceled after All My Children and One Life to Live but his writing brought a lot of people back, enough that they canceled the cancel.

Esteemed Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 - Hi - so nice to see you posting!!  Yes - the show has definitely changed.  Too many new characters coning and going.  You made me laugh with your comment about the girl with the conehead!! Hope you are doing well.

@LoriLori - I agree abut that Carol Burnett/Scarlett O'hara skit.  Still makes me laugh today and I remember when it was originally on.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Judaline, don't give up the show forever!  Come July (and time here seems to be going very quickly, don't know about at your house) we'll be getting little teensy peeks at the new head writer's stuff, more in August, in September no more Dena Higley -- ever!  And it should be really good. 

I expect a lot from this man because his writing saved General Hospital, which was scheduled to be canceled after All My Children and One Life to Live but his writing brought a lot of people back, enough that they canceled the cancel.

Days does need saving.  The old Jade definitely looked like "trouble" and this one just is "blah".  Don't care for her or the new Abby.   Figured that Jade would get closer with Tripp so we will be in suspense to see if she will tell him the truth about Ava's death.  Stupid that Joey ever told her what really happened.   

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee, the other thing, and the importance of this IMO can't be underestimated him, because he's not familiar with the show they hired as a consultant to him the woman who gets credit for creating the supercouple, having created or co-created Luke & Laura, Bo & Hope, Patch & Kayla, John & Marlena, Shane & Kimberly and more. 

So he's not flying blind nor is he relying on his faulty memory and they're not just throwing history out the window, by providing him with Sheri they are demonstrating a commitment to returning the show to its roots.

And there isn't much time.  There may even be a writer's strike in May which will wreck everything.  Most important because they got just a one-year renewal and so many months of that include Dena Higley's stuff Carlivati will have to hit the ground running and keep up the pace or the show dies trying.