Esteemed Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 04/17

Kristen Alfonso posted a video on Facebook with T-Boz (that blonde hair prison inmate who was after Hope) announcing that T-Boz is back on set taping again.  Why are they bringing that character back?   Definitely could do without her again!

Agree about Jade's head and her hair needs to be washed.  I feel bad about Peggy McCay.  Where is Caroline supposed to be - upstairs from the pub?

Who is watching Thomas?  Abby is in the pub - all dressed with perfect hair and make up looking for a job and Jen is going crazy with a stapler in Eriic's office.  I thought she said Thomas was staying with Jen.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

How often is Soap Opera Digest issued, and how much does it cost?  With a handful of soaps left, I wonder how they stay in business.

@AuntG, SOD comes out every week.  It costs too much (don't remember how much, but it's pricey).  I wonder how they stay in business too.  Years ago they were the only source of news but now by the time it hits the checkout aisles their news is old.  I guess people buy it for the features, interviews and behind the scenes stuff. 

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@Judaline, @Shelbelle, I read a few months ago that she isn't well and she wants her privacy so they were just letting her contract run out, which it now has.

@LoriLori  -  Sorry to hear this.  I wished they would have addressed her leaving.  Now she's joined the ranks of the Horton family member who went upstairs to wax his skiis and never came back down again. 

@IlliniGirl88, I get the sense from reading around that this is what Peggy McCay wanted.  I was wondering if the something that brings Sami back to Salem is Caroline's death but doubt Corday would go there while the actress is alive and unwell and wanting her privacy.

Esteemed Contributor

I had a subscription to SOD for years, but let it lapse in 11/2015.  I recently got an email offering me a 1 yr for $29.95 (0.56 an issue) so I renewed. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline  O/T here but on another thread, you mentioned something about Joan Crawford and another movie with a beach house.  Was that "Mildred Pierce?"   Carol Burnett had a skit about that movie and called it "Mildred Fierce".  It was hysterical.  You can probably find it on UTube if you're interested.

Sorry for the interruption but I just pictured the beach house.......

Trusted Contributor

I was happy with how Doug handled Julie today.  At least Eli's been given another perspective to consider.  I thought it was somewhat ironic how Abby said about not being the person she used to be, or something to that effect.  No she's definitely not, Kate Mansi was a lot better, at least that's my opinion. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Kate Mansi and Billy Flynn both nominated for Emmys.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Kate Mansi and Billy Flynn both nominated for Emmys.

How nice!

Honored Contributor

@Jackson08  I think she's very good, but her personality is totally different from Kate Mansi's. (I always think her name has been cut off and is probably a long name-Mansowski or something, LOL) It's a bad sign when you see NuAbby and go, 'oh, no.' I'd rather not see her. She certainly is fair! She reminds me of something from the age of chivalry. Maybe Juliet. I don't know, but I see her with a braid around her hair and a ring of flowers. Call me nuts.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie Yep, I did say that. I said Mildred Pierce reminded me that Joan Crawford was in another movie and there was a beach house-but it wasn't Possessed as I thought. I'll remember it eventually. I'll go to IMDB when I get the time.

I do not remember Carol Burnett doing Mildred Pierce. I remember her doing Scarlett and wearing the curtain for a dress and saying she saw it in a window and just couldn't resist. Ahhh, the good old days.

Sorry, guys, for being OT.