Super Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 02/13

Maybe David Banning is the father of Valerie's son.  He is Julie's son and he did have a relationship with Valerie many years ago.  If so, Julie doesn't know the son exists, which would explain Valerie not wanting him to come to Salem.  I did hear that Julie was going to have a story.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori - you are such a kind person to help your neighbor. She is lucky to have you for a friend.  Hope your mother behaves herself while you are busy!!

@Judaline - you heard right - Steve and Shane did mention switching Stef's body at the burial site.  I wonder if that is when they took Stef's DNA?  I'm getting more confused with is he or isn't he twists and turns.

I am so very disappointed that Deimos will be gone.  Really like the actor and thought he was perfect as the new villian.  Victor sitting around in his cardigan certainly doesn't make it as a villian.

Esteemed Contributor

So, Nicole and Brady will live happily ever after and raise TaHo........I am very sorry to see Deimos leave.  

Honored Contributor

With the bad writing, I wonder if V.I. asked to be released from his role as Deimos.  Sure, there aren't many soaps left, and a paycheck is nice, but he may have reached his limit of these stupid stories.  I'll miss him and his piano playing.

Honored Contributor

@snowylady wrote:

Maybe David Banning is the father of Valerie's son.  He is Julie's son and he did have a relationship with Valerie many years ago.  If so, Julie doesn't know the son exists, which would explain Valerie not wanting him to come to Salem.  I did hear that Julie was going to have a story.

Aha! That's probably it.

Honored Contributor

I just cannot figure it out. Shane and Steve concocted this "save Hope" plan when? It seems like they are talking about when the body was in its grave right after Rafe and Hope put it there. How did they know?Who told them? It had to have been Roman. And if it was later on, who told them? Shane hasn't even been in Salem that long. I guess it's just one of those things we have to swallow. It could have been like that except they couldn't have known until recently and Stef would not have been looking his best then.

When Andre found the body and took his ring, did he leave the body there?

Esteemed Contributor

When Andre found the "body" and took the ring was just before the building was imploded.  I believe that Steve and Shane might be talking about when the body was buried after the building came down and the body was discovered.  I believe they could not identify the body visually because of decomp and the building falling.  There was an off-screen burial for "Stefano."

I'm still sticking with my story in the last few weeks, and I believe Stef is alive.  ALIVE!  I believe we will never know.  But the threat is there to Salemites.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I'm okay with Brady and Nicole living happily ever after.  I need something happy on this show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick  OK, so I guess Hope was being held at the time they made their plan? Timing just seems off to me. I don't think he's alive but I love that they are leaving it that he could be. And one DAY you just know another actor will step in. Do you remember when one did? It was a huge flop. Long time ago but it happened.

I noticed that Shane's beard/goatee whatever was trimmed just like Stefano's. I was wondering how that was going to pan out but with the make up they probably had a reasonable facsimile.

Trusted Contributor

I have been following Days (lately from reading recaps) for many years and also read this thread, but I saw something on here that I had not seen anywhere else. I knew that the actress who played Ciara was let go and that role has been recast, but haven't seen anything about the actors who play Dario and Deimos, but saw it here. Is that official and do you know how/when they will be leaving? I can't say that either of them leaving makes me terribly sad, but I hadn't seen that other places. I love inside scoop, though!

Happy Valentine's Day!