Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 02/06

I loved Kayla's mask too. 

Looked like all the extras had the same tux as the cast.

The extra's masks looked like something out of "Eyes Wide Shut"

(fyi, I did not make it all the way through that movie -- but maybe @SophiaMarie, aka Arkansas1923 or whatever, did?  teasing, SM!  because of that other movie you watched).

Honored Contributor

@Judaline

i also think its John!!

I had a good laugh atSteve's  mask...only one eye showing!!!

We all know Stef would know who everyone is in that room  just by looking and seeing how they act!!!

Im tired of seeing Nicole acting so sad!!!!! also  Yeah... no teens today !

I did feel sad seeing Vic....he is looking so frail and i know he will be the next one to retire/leave the show as Doug must be ready to do.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

I've been wondering....maybe LoriLori can add something to this cuz she's usually "in the know".......any idea how much our beloved actors earn on our silly show earn?  I know larger parts, more airtime, etc. plays a big part, but on average, ballpark, any idea?  I get some have contracts and stuff like that, just any idea?

Friends of mine have been background extras on Days and earned "day rate" or "scale."  Can't imagine that being very much.  Any ideas?  (I looooove this kind of stuff!!)

@BarbiHollywood, I know they're not making anywhere near what they  used to make.

It's a complicated system and it's been explained by Jason47 a zillion times but I could still have it wrong because it's convoluted.  This is for people on contract:

Their agent negotiates a rate and a number of appearances.  So the show has to juggle everybody's number of appearances which is why you sometimes see two random people in a scene.  Not long ago an actor was gone but they had not used up his appearances so they had to bring him back for those.  There's also something if they use you more, I remember some actor they went over and so they put the person in a coma LOL.

Every thirteen weeks anyone can be fired.  Everyone.  If they can't wait three months they have to pay you.  But that has always been the case, every thirteen weeks the contracts have an "out."  Maybe Susan Lucci, etc. did not have the outs but those days are over, no one is safe.

For recurring, a rate is negotiated, they can use you as much or as little as they want.

The money is good compared to many other jobs but much less than for a night time network show or a film.  Ironically the soap actors work much longer hours.  I bought this week's SOD because they promised an interview with Justin Hartley (it was very short, grrrr) and he said that, how fast it goes on a soap and how on This Is Us he has time to work on stuff.

And DAYS films more shows than any soap ever.  Ten a week.  Two weeks on, two weeks off.  Six months ahead.  Stupid stupid stupid system.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

But lori, they never say if it's an old slip in of Stef, or newer. I think, IMO, that they don't have one, they can't get one, so they'll use an old one. What a waste of an evening.

Yeah, that one eyed mask was a hoot.

I am so sick of 'then maybe Hope will be set free!' They ought to wear signs on their backs, Free Hope. Or chant, Set Hope Free! Set Hope Free! Hopefully all my woes will be over after toDAY. But I know they won't.

Honored Contributor

p.s. @BarbiHollywood, some of that could be wrong.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

But lori, they never say if it's an old slip in of Stef, or newer. I think, IMO, that they don't have one, they can't get one, so they'll use an old one. What a waste of an evening.

I am so sick of 'then maybe Hope will be set free!' They ought to wear signs on their backs, Free Hope. Or chant, Set Hope Free! Set Hope Free! Hopefully all my woes will be over after toDAY. But I know they won't.

@Judaline, I'm not sure what you're saying?

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't realize Sweetness, Doc, Steve, Sonny and Paul were all so "attached" to Hope in the first place.  They're not close to her in any storyline, so why now???

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Judaline, if you mean old footage,

Spoiler
I bought SOD (because it promised an interview with Justin Hartley which was only one paragraph, boo) and it showed a picture.  It's a new, and final, appearance by Joe Mascolo.  They will see him and he will get away and disappear as I had guessed, and Hope will get off without any explanation as to who she shot, how.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, lori, that's what I'm saying. I didn't put it very well. But if it's true, there had better be a whole slew of witnesses to this!

Honored Contributor

I dont think John will be back for a while yet, he was gone a very long time and his accident was on May 5.