Esteemed Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 02/06

Carrie is the daughter of Anna and Roman.

Oh friends...don't you get it?  Stefano is not dead.  There will always be the possible threat of him.  However, it should just be the threat and not a recast. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I ran over here after Zumba to see what @LoriLori thought of the show toDAY!  And she hasn't been here yet!

Awwww, @DrKelli, sorry you rushed on my account!  And that I didn't get here faster!

Respected Contributor

LOL, @LoriLori.  I knew you would get here eventually!  I caught the clip online and I was happy.

Honored Contributor

I'm sad.  Very sad.

I loved the graphic at the end -- about time, it should have been there the day after he died -- but the rest was IMO a mess.

I found out on that other board (where I read people live blogging and knew it wouldn't be good) that the footage of Stefano was new and taped in April for another purpose, a story that was shelved when John got hurt.  The people who "visited" him in jail, that was taped in August. 

That none of them were actually in the same room as him and it was cobbled together (badly IMO) made me sad and angry.  It was not well done.

That he could not speak made it feel exploitive to me, and unbearably sad.  I would rather have had a quick, tight shot that didn't emphasize his infirmities.  He seemed so frail and vulnerable. 

That little tearing up he did, was that even on purpose?  Or was it real, was Joe Mascolo the man, the actor, terribly sad that he could no longer recite lines, even off cue cards?

And why not the whole hour?  Flashbacks.  To his better DAYS.  The hour. 

JMO as always.

Honored Contributor

I'm still sad ninety minutes later!

I'm glad for everyone that liked or loved it!  Wish I could have!

Honored Contributor

I minded the big chunk of time devoted to the Holly story.  As I said upthread I think the hour should have been flashbacks to Stef/Joe's better DAYS.

That said, Nicole already lived in the house when she was married to Victor so she knows the rooms and anyway, why is Deimos choosing Holly's nursery?

And Chloe is beyond annoying.  I get so frustrated with her:  It's not your baby!  And it's not your business who she's with!

Honored Contributor

One more thing:  Yes, I'm really, really, REALLY glad he escaped.  Somewhere he's listening to opera and laughing.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle, FYI if you want to know why your "This Is Us" thread was poofed you are not allowed to mention the president's name.  My post was naughty but I knew the whole thread go bye, so it wouldn't matter LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

One more thing:  Yes, I'm really, really, REALLY glad he escaped.  Somewhere he's listening to opera and laughing.

@LoriLori It would have been great, if after they discovered Stefano was gone, the last shot had him sitting on a plane listening to opera and laughing!!

I had a feeling those scenes today were done at different times.  Also wish they would have included the video of the actors sharing their thoughts about Joe M at the end of the epiosde.

At least they acknowledged him and I did like "Good night sweet prince....."

Honored Contributor

@twinsister, love your scenario!