Esteemed Contributor

All things DAYS, wk of 01/15

All righty  Here we go.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 01/15

If you don't know who gets murdered and you don't want to know don't read this!!! 

Spoiler
Andre gets murdered and it will probably be a Friday cliffhanger

The milion-dollar question is:

Spoiler
What's in that urn Anna carries everywhere?  Is it a signal we won't be seeing Tony or an anvil that we will?  I'm thinking it means no Tony but I'm wrong often enough that Thaao fans can take heart LOL.
Honored Contributor

This show has bad luck with current events.  Because of the taping schedule. 

This is the third or fourth time something is just plain awkward.  I will never forget when Pope Benedict stepped down how for months and months his photo was on the wall in Father Eric's office. 

There have been others.  Now they're sending Theo to South Africa.  Why not Boston like Chad?  Or the Mayo Clinic?   Why do they take stupid chances when they're so far ahead?

And while I'm at it, can't anyone ever have a conversation without music under it?  It's so distracting and I don't like most of the music.  I've seen other soaps.  They let people talk a lot more often without putting music under it.

Starting the week with a spoiler that will make some people unhappy and a rant.  Hopefully it's all uphill after that.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

This show has bad luck with current events.  Because of the taping schedule. 

This is the third or fourth time something is just plain awkward.  I will never forget when Pope Benedict stepped down how for months and months his photo was on the wall in Father Eric's office. 

There have been others.  Now they're sending Theo to South Africa.  Why not Boston like Chad?  Or the Mayo Clinic?   Why do they take stupid chances when they're so far ahead?

And while I'm at it, can't anyone ever have a conversation without music under it?  It's so distracting and I don't like most of the music.  I've seen other soaps.  They let people talk a lot more often without putting music under it.

Starting the week with a spoiler that will make some people unhappy and a rant.  Hopefully it's all uphill after that.

lori, maybe they don't want to send Theo to Boston becuz he might come back somebody else like Chad did. However if he came back as Daniel Sunjata, well, that would be a good thing. 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline, never heard of Daniel Sunjata, had to google him.  Seems like his resume is too good for a daytime soap but stranger things have happened...I have no doubt they will recast Theo.  Otherwise they would not have fired the actor, they would have just not renewed his contract.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Judaline, never heard of Daniel Sunjata, had to google him.  Seems like his resume is too good for a daytime soap but stranger things have happened...I have no doubt they will recast Theo.  Otherwise they would not have fired the actor, they would have just not renewed his contract.

He's one handsome guy. But I was kidding. You are right about his credentials and he's too old to play a teen. Maybe in the part of Eli but again, he's not about to do soaps, I'm sure!

About toDAY. I laughed so hard when Andre said to Kate re: her rescue by a fishing boat-"Just like Jason Bourne!!!'' It was the expression in his voice that made me laugh I think-you know, how he said it, not to mention what he said. He's just too cute when he wants to be. Anna looks like she could murder him!!

Did you see when Stefan took the watch out of the box, (the watch having belonged to his cousin), the watch was in a new box complete with the insert inside the band to keep it safe during shipping, etc? I mean, shouldn't it have looked like it had at least been worn once or twice? 

Do you think, in your wildest imaginings, that Vivian could have hand picked this guy-Stefan-and convinced him that he is her son, down to the DNA that I'm sure she could have wangled, to do her dirty work? She'd sell her own grandmother into slavery if it would help her cause. There are some old spider woman movies from maybe the forties, starring Gale Sondergard. Vivian has the same trick of squinting and opening her eyes at the same time, just like she did so long ago. She made many movies and didn't just do it as spider woman, it was like her trademark. I think our Viv stole it. See how unscrupulous she is?

Honored Contributor

Just need to inquire why was Daniel Sunjata mentioned in this thread, I love him from Rescue Me. He has also been in some movies, S X and the City and on Grey's too. He also had a series of his own cant remember the title.

Honored Contributor

Spoiler
In reference to my spoiler for next week that Val tells Eli that Lani is preg, she is not Lani's doctor, so I dont know if the HIPPA Law applies here.
Honored Contributor

@MamaWickwill be along soon but it's my understanding if she found out in the course of her job then HIPPA applies.  And how else would she find out?  Lani's not about to tell her.

Spoiler
Now I'm reading that Lani is going to roll the dice and go through with it without telling JJ the baby isn't his.  That is so 1980s soap. Yawn.  Plus I love JJ and he deserves better.  I want him with Gabi. 
Honored Contributor

I only saw a little part of it, please tell me Eric is not permanently going to work at the Brady Pub now?  From fashion photographer to priest to vehicular-homicide felon to chowder ladler?  Please no!