Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, week of 02/20

[ Edited ]

@Jackson08 wrote:

I remember the David w/brown hair, but before that he was played by Richard Guthrie and had blonde hair.  That's the David I remember most.  He was on when Mike was played by Wesley Eure.  Loved him as Mike.

Yes, grown up David was Richard Guthrie when he was involved with Val, there were 2 different Val's. In the early 80's he resurfaced and he was played by Gregg Marx, had brown hair and was very cute. I think he was  grandson to one of the Marx Bros, Gummo Marx. .  At this time Val was long gone. He got involved with Renee,  Stefano's long lost daughter with Lee Dumonde.Renee was killed off. His son, Scotty, was with Trish, a girl form his past before and then after Val.

After Days, Marx played Tom Hughes on ATWT and won an Emmy.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I don't know if this is true, but I read that .......................

Spoiler
"Eli is Gabi's new man''.

@Judaline, I posted that, don't remember when.  I hope it's not true.  Did the head writer have an agenda

Spoiler
putting Gabi & Eli and JJ & Lani

together?  Because one of those couples already has zero chemistry and don't know how the other half will do but I miss the old DAYS when chemistry dictated the couples.

Which reminds me:  @snowball, I used to get a little (or a lot LOL) upset when you constantly called Rafe "Wimpy."  And now i agree with you.  They've taken my hero Rafe who moved heaven and earth to find Sydney and return her to Sami, and my Rafe 2 who was hilarious -- they've taken my Rafe and turned him into Snowball's Wimpy. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  Maybe I didn't pay attention because I didn't have a clue who Eli was. I don't remember your spoiler. I somehow must have missed it. Sorry.

What are they trying for with these couples? 

Honored Contributor

The Fred Astaire song just popped into my head.......Why Don't We "change partners" and Dance?

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori   I sure remember you not liking me calling Rafe Wimpy.  HAHAHAHA   Those were the good old days.   I just never cared for him, but boy Rafe 2 I loved.   Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline:  Yeah best news ever!!!!   I was hoping Gabi would just go away and since that's not possible finding her a new man sounds great to me.

I liked Rafe when he was with Samie. Nice looking and not whimpie at all.  Hope and Rafe are not my idea of a ideal couple.  I think she is too old for him and they don't have good chemisty.  I loved Hope with Bo that was perfect. They should have found an older man more her age to pair her up with. IMO

At like twinsister I too like Xander. I would love to see him come back in a more permanent role on Days.  I am sorry to see Deimos leave I really enjoyed him on the show. With Victor falling into the background Salem needs a real Villian and I had hope it would be Deimos.

I am sorry but I don't like what Chole is doing to Nicole.  That is not her baby that she is keeping that baby belongs to Nicole and Daniel and if anyone stole something it was Chole when she had another egg transplanted without telling anyone. She has a very short memory on how not only did Nicole deliver the baby but saved Chole's life. Nicole has always been a great friend to Chole.  I wish Maggie would  have given her a real talking too.  Not that it would do any good so I am assuming Nicole will at some point take her baby back.

Honored Contributor

@snowball wrote:

@LoriLori   I sure remember you not liking me calling Rafe Wimpy.  HAHAHAHA   Those were the good old days.   I just never cared for him, but boy Rafe 2 I loved.   Woman LOL

@snowball, those so were the DAYS, even though you called Rafe Wimpy.  You and Jud's bestie OT was alive and the show was so much better.  Hopefully better DAYS ahead and you'll see OT again someday.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Shel.  Here's a link (hope it works) to a much younger Doug singing to the Horton's.  The David in this clip is the one I remember best. He is sitting next Trish.  Julie is beautiful in this.   These were the good old DAYS.  Love seeing Tom & Alice. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-j09rfcyN0