Honored Contributor

Re: All things DAYS--JANUARY 2022--possible spoilers

Remember Ryan's Hope? I wasn't a daily watcher but it was so clean cut and family oriented. I guess I'm just a prude because DAYS seems to be going downhill to me. 

Trusted Contributor

I have no problem with the same sex couples and think Will and Sonny made a great one.  I just don't like this back and forth the writers are doing with Allie/Chanel/Tripp. I like Allie and Tripp as a couple and will hate to see the heart ache for Tripp if they go there.

Guess Tripp must have taken a "speed course medical school" since he announced he's now a doctor!

Honored Contributor

Just watched the "Doug and Julie" recording I had-it was on before and I think someone here already posted about it. Pretty good. They both looked so good. They were two handsome people in their youth I can tell you that!!! Couple things-about covid-they said DAYS has the cleanest sets in soapdom, lol. Also, they said it costs too much to rehearse so they don't do it anymore. They apparently learn their lines but don't go on set till the real deal. So what we see is the first time they're meeting on set themselves. Wow. Interesting.

ETA And yes, I was floored when they referred to Tripp as Dr Johnson. Huh? Did I do a Rip Van Winkle?

Esteemed Contributor

So, Tripp is the new doctor on call now??  Isn't there another doctor in that hospital to call whenever there is an emergency???

BTW, where was Sami at the DiMera party????  What did I miss again???

I hope Doc cleaned her boots and changed them before going to the hospital with Susan.  How disgusting was that???  Not only her boot, but the couch, floor, etc.... Surely, it was cleaned up???  Oh, and who sits around relaxing in their home, wearing dress slacks, a jacket and dress boots???  Who?????     LOL

Valued Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@allaries wrote:

As I have said it was years before I watched Days until the pandemic and I started watching again. I was glad to see a lot of the regulars who were on when I watched then. I am trying to get used to the newer ones, al least new to me. I do like Zander and Tripp. I am not fond of the young man playing Johnny or the new Chanel. I did see the original Chanel and liked her better. I like Stacey playing Kristen and Susan but did not see the old Stacey. I have always liked Sami. If the Chanel and Allie pair go the way they are saying it might I guess I will have to find another soap to watch. Not fond of the pairing up. I tolerated the possession but did not enjoy it that much. I did not see the original possession of Marlena. Oh well whatever happens happens. Enjoyed it for a while though.

@allaries 

I agree with you about the old Chanel. I liked her better too. She had a  coolness, a slyness to her that this one doesn't convey. I like the new Chanel now but I didn't at first.  

Switching  to another soap won't do you any good because currently 3 of the 4 daytime soaps have active, same sex or trans storylines going. I think B&B is the only one that doesn't at this particular time, but I'm not sure if they have in the past.

I don't mind those storylines. I loved Will and Sonny until they added that  sleazy character Leo to the mix. Paul Narita,  John Black's  long lost son was a good addition to the "Wil son" mix. 
At that time Will and Sonnys story was more compelling than the others that were being played out.

Marlena's first possession was more tolerable then this hot mess...pun intended.

It is not the same sex thing so much as I dont like the pairing of Allie and Chanel. I did not watch when it was Will and Sonny. I cant even place them as familiar. Anyone who watches RuPauls drag race as much as I do cant be offended by a same sex couple. Will and Grace is another of my favorites. The whole storyline is getting a little out there as Kramer would say.

Respected Contributor

@allaries 

The writing on this show has been crappy for some time and they're trying too hard to come up with things that will interest the audience.

The storylines don't seem to flow and it's like they' re trying to  unnecessarily provide us with a lesson of what's happening in the world.  As if we're out of touch. I think that's what the turn off is to this show.  I think it's condescending for them to assume that the viewers( us) aren't up to date or accepting of what's happening in the real world. 

Allie seems like kind of a bore and I'm not jumping up and down with any of her relationships; including with her family members. The only one she seems to gel with is Nicole. She'll get a reality check from that friendship soon enough! 

I hang in there with this show as much as possible because I've been watching for too many years to bail out now! 😝 I stay with it; even when I'm less than thrilled with it...which is most of the time! 

We often complain here about our show and poke fun at it, but we always say if it were gone we'd be so disappointed, if not sad!

You're a Seinfeld fan too, huh?? Me too! Love that show forever.

Honored Contributor

Me too, i am a Days Lifer been there from the start, I will be there until it airs its last show, good, bad or indifferent!!! I cant think of better company for me while I eat my lunch!!!

Honored Contributor

The replacement's not bad, but I too preferred the original Chanel, though she did have to grow on me...

Don't care who Allie ends up with, as I don't care for the character or the casting. Kept hoping they'd recast the part... Frankly, I think Tripp can do better...

They have some decent stories going on this show but they need to find a better way to tell them and lose some of the ridiculous and unbelievable baggage like the possession nonsense, Susan, Kristin and all the kidnappings, disguises and so on...

None of the soaps is at all what they used to be and it really is unfortunate... They used to be so well written and compelling to watch but these days, you fast foward through most of them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Me too, i am a Days Lifer been there from the start, I will be there until it airs its last show, good, bad or indifferent!!! I cant think of better company for me while I eat my lunch!!!

I have watched soaps for 55 years , but quit watching 10 years ago , started watching Days a year ago and i enjoy it a lot , after they gave Ej replacement a chance he is a winner , new Chanel also. I think i like this show more than long timers from some of the comments. My only complaints would be No Ben and Ciara and they need a bigger budget for sets , most look like a school play.

Respected Contributor

Get Ready All of You Sara haters , she comes back Jan 17 , i don't know how ? But the same actress will be playing her.