Trusted Contributor

Re: All things DAYS--AUGUST 2020--(possible spoilers)

[ Edited ]

Remember that long break the show took last year starting around November? At that time, they fired the entire cast and when they came back in Jan or Feb, they rehired some supposedly at a lower rate. Some, like "Will," "Sonny," and "Rafe," knew back then that they were being let go. So did Gabi, but she never confirmed it officially.

"Claire" only signed up for a short time since she has a role in the Disney show High School Musical, so they always knew she was leaving. "Ciara" also told them that she would be leaving and probably just agreed to stay though this Ben story. I think it is a shame that they gave her character the wedding budget when there were others getting married, but, oh well.

And while it is looking now like Rafe and Hope may get tgether, Rafe will be gone soon and Hope has still some scenes, as she was still filming before the shut down. They are going to have to edit in a farewell for her so they may have her join Rafe, but since they had a story planned for her after her 6-month "vacation," they didn't seem to be planning for a Hope/Rafe reunion.

I am not sure when Greg Vaughn (Eric) is leaving and how long ago he let them know.

So what people are seeing this last week with new haircuts, etc. are the start of the shows they filmed in Jan/Feb.  For those leaving, they filmed their last scenes many months ago.

I have read that Will and Sonny may come back, same with Gabi. Based on the interviews done by Kristian (Hope) and Greg (Eric), they seemed to be very unhappy with the direction of the show and I doubt they will be back.

ETA: Gabi and Rafe leave on August 28 and I think Will and Sonny leave on Sept. 1.

Unfortunately,

Spoiler
Eve is still around at keast tht long since she has a vision of Paige on Tues., the 25th. And, rinse and repeat - Ciara is in a dangerous situation on Wed. the 26th.
Respected Contributor

@sophiamarie Yes Justin is on General Hospital also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler
Sami and John get into a very heated arguement, causing John to collapse, seems he is in hospital in very grave condition. Sami puts a restraining order on Eric and Nicole from going near Allies baby. Phllip returns on Tues.. Sonny receives an exciting offer, this may be leading to his and Will's exit. Jake and Gabi give into their feelings. 
Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ 

Thank you for the recap of what happened  and what next for us to expect with who is leaving plus hint of new stories.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

And, she's back!

Spoiler
Days announced that while Gabi leaves next week, she will return to shooting next month when they start up again. That gives her a few months to be away and realize she is pregnant -MY SPECULATION ONLY! But, why else would they have her sleep with Jake and then leave?
Respected Contributor

Don’t you have to have a baby named before they leave the hospital? Sami is not really hanging around is she?

Trusted Contributor

I read that Sami had filmed for three months!!! I haven't watched since she came back and after that long, it will be easy to stay away.

And, there is no way the hospital could just release a baby to Sami without getting child protective services and a court involved.

And where the heck does Marlena have room for Sami and a baby and Claire in their condo when Gwen and Claire had to share a room when Gwen first got to town?

IF the show starts filming again on Sept. 1, those shows should start appearing around November. They are finishing up the ones that were done before the pandemic shut down.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ 

I was happy not to see Ben and Ciara today!

But a doctor acting like a love struck teen  ...sigh

But i loved seeing Vic  for a few minutes!!

Bonnie and Justin will end up being the  newest couple on days...lol

Loved seeing in his new hat and his dimples when he smiled Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Wondering why we haven't seen Brady in a long time. They might as well let him go because he has no storyline.

Trusted Contributor

This writer likes to cycle people and stories in and out, like they had planned to do with Hope. Maybe Brady did't mind taking a vacation for a while. It IS odd that no one mentions him at all, though. However, I read that

Spoiler
both he and Kristen will be back soon. If 3 months of Sami doesn't force people away, then bringing Kristen back sure will!