Honored Contributor

Re: All thing DAYS, wk of 04/30/2018

Watched yesterday's episode, those three in the bunker were epic.  My favorite line was by Shmivian of course:

Marlena, on why they shouldn't drink:  "We need to keep our wits about us..."

Shmivian:  "You keep your wits, I'm getting blotto."

Honored Contributor

My only complaint about yesterday's show is JJ's shirt.  It's too blue.  It's too loud.  It gives me a headache.  I've been taken by paramedics a time or two and I'm glad our guys wear something more soothing LOL.

Honored Contributor

@mishka14 wrote:

I  loved today's show...funny 3 ladies...and loved when Gabby told her mother to get lost...mean but good for a change.

1st time in a very long time I actually looked up from my computer to actually watch some of the show...mostly I just listen and I am bored!

Now for the awards....why would Abe win for anything?  (was it because of Theo?)  I wish Abe was off the show too!

Let me just interject here because I'm going to be giving Days a whirl... I watched it for many years and then lost interest. I've long been a Y&R fan, but it's just been so bad for so long and with no promise of it getting better... So I'm going to try things out in Salem for a while...

As for Abe's win, I almost got the feeling it was more or less a longevity award... I'm no fan of GH but they do have some good actors and I think this should have been Michael Easton's year... I'll also note that the award for 'younger actor' was a complete joke... There were at least three of the young men nominated who delieverd far better performances, two of them on Days. The other, though I never cared for his character, was on Y&R.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hi, @stevieb!  They only see one or two short scenes, and his autistic, unarmed son was shot by a white cop...so that may have played a part...

...but what I'm really here to say (besides welcome) is guess who used to be on this show?  Mercifully for viewers they fired her!   Her character's father, Clyde, is making an appearance soon and her character's brother, Ben, is coming back as a regular maybe as soon as this week...but it's safe to watch because they would never ever hire her again, haha.

Trusted Contributor

Oh please,  send Gabby, Dr. Laura, Abigail to the mental hospital for a long time....she is getting on my last nerve.   How soon will this crazy story be over?

I do love the 3 ladies locked in together though...maybe they will all become friends...and have monthly Wine meetings...LOL!

Honored Contributor

I hope Vivian's not dead!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I think the flashbacks are to save money because for the longest time they didn't do them.

That said I could watch the scene where Gabby plays the piano and sings to Stefan all day.  And the way he looks at her...OMG.

Honored Contributor

How did they get Stefan's face so swollen, lips and all, on their little budget.  Did they bring in a swarm of bees?

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I hope Vivian's not dead!!!!!

=========

Maybe JJ will have some oxygen and rescue all three now that he's an EMT. 

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

How did they get Stefan's face so swollen, lips and all, on their little budget.  Did they bring in a swarm of bees?

@LoriLori  -  I couldn't believe how swollen his face looked today!  Poor thing, needs some TLC.