Respected Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS for May 2022 - possible spoilers

@Shelbelle wrote:

Another thing I love about going to a Days event is that the room can have several thousand people, but everyone there is a Days fan, so you can turn and speak to a stranger, and they are happy to discuss the show with you, it is like you are all strangers with one common thread between you and yet you dont feel like strangers at all. . 

@Shelbelle This even is limited capacity which is going to be terrific.  I've only been to one other fan event/fundraiser and I'd say there were only about 75 people.  There were VIP tables of 9 people plus the one celebrity.  I sat with Ari Zucker.  Most of the others at the event have been to many of these.  There were silent auctions, raffles, Q&A, and LOTS of opportunities to mingle with celebs and, of course, take photos.  I remember meeting the parents of the actor who played Nathan Horton (can't recall his name, sorry) along with some others who host other fan-based events that this same group of Days celebs support.  I remember during the auction of an autographed script -- I bid $100 then someone bid more, then someone else bid more, then even more, etc.  I was out!  I wasn't going to pay an insane amount of money -- but I think someone bid around $750 and won.  As much as I would have liked to have had it, that amount was insane.  

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I guess I'd want to sit at Stacy's table. Sometimes I think Susan Banks is a real person. She believes in God and that good can overcome evil. Stacy plays her perfectly. I'd ask where the wardrobe people find those ensembles she wears.

@AuntG Great question!  I also want to know about wardrobe.  

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I envy anyone attending a Days event, over the years I have  been to several, and they are wonderful, especially for a good cause.  I have met many of the old timers, all wonderful people. 

@Shelbelle COME TO FLORIDA!!!!!  WE CAN GO TOGETHER!!  Listen, I recently got together with a great bunch of gals who met via FB -- we all attended the same secretarial school in NYC back in the 70s and 80s.  Seven of us live locally so we met for lunch and got to know one another.  We're now friends.  We could do something like that because we have our silly little show that bonds us!!  It would be a hoot to meet everyone.  Just throwin' it out there.

So did you know each other when you were at the school or you just found them on FB? And they all watched/watch DAYS?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline First, I didn't even ask if anyone watched Days cuz it was the first time we met.  Didn't want anyone to think I was a weirdo.  LOL!!  We all met on a private Katharine Gibbs Alumni FB Group site.  One gal reached out to me because we live about 40 mins away from one another so we met for lunch last month.  At lunch, we were having such a good time, we thought it would be cool to see if anyone else was in our area and was willing drive to meet up.  We all attended the same school but different locations.  So far, none of us were at the same location during the same years (booo!).  Some brought their yearbooks so we were able to flip through and see some of our old instructors.  It was fun.  So now I'm really into expanding my social circle.

Honored Contributor

Zowie, you'll never have a lack of friends, that's for sure. Great story!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Which DOOL character do you see?

On Ryan Seacrest's (American Idol host for those who do not know him) IG account he posted a picture of him and Derek Hough during one of the Disney Shows.  Ryan & Derek stood together and made a quick turn and then turned again and Disney had made them cartoon characters.  Take a close look at Ryan's face and tell me who you see. Hint: starts with a "J"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdCbvL_lLi4/

Honored Contributor

You know who's a good actor? Craig. Very natural. Very professional. He was more handsome last visit. I like this picture!

Honored Contributor

Years ago, my hubby, kids,  and i were in Dennys having dinner, in a booth. Sitting behind us were 2 older ladies. i could not help but overhear their conversation, and they kept talking about someone named Victor, after a little time i put 2 and 2 together and realized it was Kiriakis. I turned around and told them I also was a Days fan, and we had the best time talking about the show, like I said before, it was like we knew each other forever. Soaps have a way of bringing people together. 

Honored Contributor

I am so amusing myself on this rainy DAY. Found this pic of Chloe. OK. She's even more beautiful toDAY. What's different?

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline. At first glance, I thought this was Billy Ray Cyrus...mullet and all

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix