Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS for May 2022 - possible spoilers

@sophiamarie wrote:

Since toDAY was soooo  boring - I have a question that is totally O/T here, but I don't want to get into it on another thread.  I don't want to argue with some people.

So, there is a shortage of formula, right???  What's wrong with making formula like we did back in the DAY..... I can't understand all the hysteria.  In my DAY, there was no Similac or Enfamil.  I made formula for five kids and it wasn't evaporated milk and Karo syrup.... I can't remember what i used.... Oh, and we also sterilized bottles in a big pot with a bottle rack in it.  Lined them up and poured the formula in and in the refrigerator they went......  I think we poured 4 oz. in each bottle.....

Soooo, what is the problem??? Can someone please help me out here????  Sorry again for going completely O/T here, but what is it that I am not getting????  (besides formula).......  TIA

I've only heard them mention it's kids on special formulas-maybe becuz they're allergic to regular formulas, or other reasons. I used to make formulas like you did. I had one who couldn't drink any of the canned milks and went on homogenized milk when he was just months old. The other ones did fine on the Carnation recipe. All that Karo syrup, yuk. If I knew then what I know now I would have invented my own. But I guess these babies today have adjusted just fine to a certain formula and now they can't get it. But I'll bet there are plenty of them on evaporated milk. 

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

Since I'm still on a high from seeing our favorite Salemites the other day, I booked my seat for a show in October.  I'll sit with Nadia Bjorlin this time.  Eric Martsolf, Brandon Barash, Rob Wilson (he's hottttter than Eric, in my opinion), Nadia, and someone from Bold & Beautiful.  I don't watch it so I don't know who he is and can't remember his name.  If anyone is in FL, it's a show in Clearwater.  Saturday, October 29 5:00p-9:00p. 

@BarbiHollywood I would love to attend the next event in October but the date isn't good for me. Is that how you snatched your tix?  I went to their website but it is very generic and doesn't give much information. I see FB was more informative and interactive.

I will have to ask my DIL to get me on thru her FB account. I don't want to open an account.

Were any male's in attendance? I ask because if I would try to go to an event; I would add a vacay with my husband to my visit to Fla. I'd give him the option to tag along or stay at the hotel while I went hob nobbin' 😝 

I appreciate that Robert Scott Wilson is handsome and built but I'm not crazy over him like I am over Eric M. I have a longstanding admiration for him since his Passion days.
Why did you chose Chloe's table over Neck Tie Killers table?? I like her but I'm not crazy for her. As for the females....I enjoy Kate and Sami.  Love Nicole but I'm forever Team Sami no matter how mean and crazy she gets. 

@KBEANS Good morning!!  I had no choice in tables, really, because there were only two seats left at Nadia's.  Everyone else's is booked.  There are people who are so dedicated and devoted to these stars/the show, that they're weirdos.  Most of these people attend all shows, some drive from up north, most of them know one another from other shows, it's almost like a cult.  When I arrived at Sunday's event, I found my table and just sat down.  No one else was there.  Slowly, people were filing in, and the others who were booked at my table (Eric's) took their seats, mostly in pairs.  I texted my husband saying "...not one single person even said hello to me..." which he interpreted as my message that he needed to come pick me up!!  I told him no, I was fine, just commented that I was feeling a bit unwelcome.  Much to my good luck, two others arrived a bit late -- a mom and her son -- one sat to my left, the other to my right, even though I offered to move over so they could sit together, they insisted we were fine.  Lucky for me, these two turned out be beyond nice and sweet and friendly, and we're now friends!!!  I'm a big girl, I can hold my own, but most of these people were not my type.  As far as men, there were some men fans, but they were worse than the women.  I just don't understand it, honestly -- these celebs give up their valuable time away from their families, granted, it's for charity, but the traveling, the hotels, and all that goes with it.  I know I wouldn't sign myself up for any of this if I was in their shoes.  I'd decline.  If you decide to come down this way, show or no show, and are in the Tampa area, please let me know.  It'd be fun to meet up.

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@KBEANS wrote:

Since I'm still on a high from seeing our favorite Salemites the other day, I booked my seat for a show in October.  I'll sit with Nadia Bjorlin this time.  Eric Martsolf, Brandon Barash, Rob Wilson (he's hottttter than Eric, in my opinion), Nadia, and someone from Bold & Beautiful.  I don't watch it so I don't know who he is and can't remember his name.  If anyone is in FL, it's a show in Clearwater.  Saturday, October 29 5:00p-9:00p. 

@BarbiHollywood I would love to attend the next event in October but the date isn't good for me. Is that how you snatched your tix?  I went to their website but it is very generic and doesn't give much information. I see FB was more informative and interactive.

I will have to ask my DIL to get me on thru her FB account. I don't want to open an account.

Were any male's in attendance? I ask because if I would try to go to an event; I would add a vacay with my husband to my visit to Fla. I'd give him the option to tag along or stay at the hotel while I went hob nobbin' 😝 

I appreciate that Robert Scott Wilson is handsome and built but I'm not crazy over him like I am over Eric M. I have a longstanding admiration for him since his Passion days.
Why did you chose Chloe's table over Neck Tie Killers table?? I like her but I'm not crazy for her. As for the females....I enjoy Kate and Sami.  Love Nicole but I'm forever Team Sami no matter how mean and crazy she gets. 

@KBEANS Good morning!!  I had no choice in tables, really, because there were only two seats left at Nadia's.  Everyone else's is booked.  There are people who are so dedicated and devoted to these stars/the show, that they're weirdos.  Most of these people attend all shows, some drive from up north, most of them know one another from other shows, it's almost like a cult.  When I arrived at Sunday's event, I found my table and just sat down.  No one else was there.  Slowly, people were filing in, and the others who were booked at my table (Eric's) took their seats, mostly in pairs.  I texted my husband saying "...not one single person even said hello to me..." which he interpreted as my message that he needed to come pick me up!!  I told him no, I was fine, just commented that I was feeling a bit unwelcome.  Much to my good luck, two others arrived a bit late -- a mom and her son -- one sat to my left, the other to my right, even though I offered to move over so they could sit together, they insisted we were fine.  Lucky for me, these two turned out be beyond nice and sweet and friendly, and we're now friends!!!  I'm a big girl, I can hold my own, but most of these people were not my type.  As far as men, there were some men fans, but they were worse than the women.  I just don't understand it, honestly -- these celebs give up their valuable time away from their families, granted, it's for charity, but the traveling, the hotels, and all that goes with it.  I know I wouldn't sign myself up for any of this if I was in their shoes.  I'd decline.  If you decide to come down this way, show or no show, and are in the Tampa area, please let me know.  It'd be fun to meet up.

@BarbiHollywood  When you said something about 'weirdos' my antennae went up! I don't want to ruin your time with our daytime show actors, but geez, be on your guard. You do know there are crazies out there and if they don't like an actor they may mean business. Just sayin', friend.

Honored Contributor

Too bad we all can't set up our own meet and greet. We view the show for what it is (silly but fun) and I think we'd be pleasant but not act like some of those weirdos @BarbiHollywood  encountered. Next month's question should be whose table we'd want to sit at. I'd say Anna for a lady and Rafe for a guy.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG I'd love to be in the company of Julie!
Respected Contributor

@BarbiHollywood I definitely would tell you if I do get down that way. Probably would be a bit challenging for us to meet up but I'm sure we'd be able to pick a spot and time because trading info online isn't advisable. But we are a savvy crew and I'm sure we'd come up with a safe idea 💡

I know what you mean about the fans. There are always those overly fangirl/fanboy types. The know it alls. The celebs usually know who they are and act cordial but they talk among others about them. I've seen it in the wrestling realm. They're usually harmless but on those rare occasions there's the stalker type.

Years ago there was a cute actress from OLTL who had to step back because of that reason.

Anyway, its wonderful that they care enough to attend these events and put themselves in the presence of those who just really enjoy their craft and admire them.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@KBEANS wrote:

@BarbiHollywood  When you said something about 'weirdos' my antennae went up! I don't want to ruin your time with our daytime show actors, but geez, be on your guard. You do know there are crazies out there and if they don't like an actor they may mean business. Just sayin', friend.

@Judaline Oh, yeah.  I hear ya loud and clear.  So far, no sign of anyone who has gotten out of control or anything, but especially in today's world, yup.  These bunches, from what I've encountered, are harmless and just big, big fans of the show, the actors, and the charities these events support.  They all know one another from other events and have all the future events lined up and paid for.  And many of them spent lots and lots of money on (overpriced) items which were raffled/auctioned.  I wondered how many held jobs or had families.  I go for fun.  Most of these people are more serious about it.  It is, after all, "only a show."  

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Too bad we all can't set up our own meet and greet. We view the show for what it is (silly but fun) and I think we'd be pleasant but not act like some of those weirdos @BarbiHollywood  encountered. Next month's question should be whose table we'd want to sit at. I'd say Anna for a lady and Rafe for a guy.

I was thinking maybe we could each post our picture here, and once they're all here get some nerd friend to put it all together like we ARE together, hahaha. Barb looks mostly how I thought she'd look. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline   O'T again here but I have to say this:  My first son had colic (never hear that anymore) and couldn't take the formula, so the doctor told me also, to give him regular milk AND start him on strained baby food meat.  (those little jars).... He was only 10 days old and eating meat.  LOL  ToDAY, that would never go over.  Of course, the doctor was the same one who delivered ME AND ALL FIVE of my boys.  He did everything from deliveries, C-sections, amputations, brain surgery, you name it.  The whole neighborhood went to him for everything.  Boy, times have sure changed.....

But, in spite of it all, my boys are all alive and well, even though the oldest was started on food at the age of 10 days...... Just had to get this in.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

BTW - dd anyone else hear Eli (when he walked into Abe's room five minutes after he awoke from his coma) say to Abe "I see they give you the "good" jello - they only give me green"????  Really???  I hope he didn't mention red jello - cause they don't give that in a hospital...... I wonder what he meant by that.  Any other color is okay - maybe they don't give orange either??  I don't know....

If Tripp is gonna leave in August, I guess he is offered a job in another hospital as the "Chief of Staff".... a promotion of course.....