Honored Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS—September 2024

I had been a regular Days   fan since day one  until  it moved from Channel 5 on my tv to streaming.

Yes,i still miss not watching Day;sSmiley Sad

I am very sad to learn of  Drake( John's) passing  .😥😪😯

My oldest son also refered to him  as "winking" John.

Prayers sent to his family,friends.

and all his fans🙏

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Oh my, what sad news, I know he was to turn 71 this month.  He has not been on the show very often anymore and it is taped 6 months ahead. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Oh my, what sad news, I know he was to turn 71 this month.  He has not been on the show very often anymore and it is taped 6 months ahead. 

@Shelbelle TODAY would be his birthday.  Several of the Days actors are up in Nashville so I guess they either knew earlier in the day or, perhaps, around the same time as the rest of us.  Very, very sad.  Many of us viewers wondered why he looked so thin when he returned to Salem from being tied up in Greece.  Terrible.  Absolutely horrible.

Honored Contributor

I met Drake at a Days event in 1988, so handsome and a genuine nice guy, I am in shock . I always thought he was a look alike for Ricky Nelson.  He was on the Yankees farm team before acting. 

Esteemed Contributor

Where is John supposed to be now - back to Greece or Poplar Bluff?  I can't remember.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

Where is John supposed to be now - back to Greece or Poplar Bluff?  I can't remember.

He is back in Salem, remember 2  weeks ago he had a long visit with Brady.