Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS—September 2019 (possible spoilers)

@spiritoo wrote:

Robin Strasser’s most well known soap role, I think, was as Dorian Lord on One Life to Live. I didn’t watch it, but I somehow remember her as being an strong, devious, and mean character. Now, it is impossibly hard to replace Louise Sorel as Vivian! She was such a unique presence!  I guess they wanted a strong, older woman, but to be Vivian....well, those are some big shoes to fill!! It’s a thankless position to be in for the actress. Imagine replacing an iconic character like Stefano !!!!

They couldn't have made her less attractive. That hair (wig?) color is all wrong. The lipstick all wrong. Vivian was a great dresser. I loved her clothes. This one misses the mark. It isn't even in the neighborhood. She looks clownish to me, but I've never liked the actress so I guess I'm biased.

Never saw anything as drawn out as Hope reading that letter. I'm like, 'just get on with it.'And those replays of Julie and Gabi. Pu-leeze, not again! I would think Julie would have more to say than, 'she left me to die.' Like, 'what happened? how did I get here? am I all right?'

Stefan seems underwhelmed about Vivian being alive. He should be hopping all over the room, drinking champagne, and on and on. He was so devastated and now she lives! Just my opinion.

Did Ted maybe have a feeling he was not long for this world, writing that letter? Intuition can be strong. Hope looked beautiful toDAY. 

Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

I am not liking this new "Vivian"...at all...dumb choice writers!!  grr

@cowboy sam   me either !   Robin S.  Was on Another world I think years ago if my memory serves.   I think she was the first Rachael .    I'm sure someone here  will know if I'm correct.   She isn't a good choice though for Vivian.  

Yes, she was the first Rachael when Another World started. 

She played Dorian Lord on One Life to Live for a really long time. She was very good in the part and I think she’ll grow into the Vivienne character given time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Robin Strasser created the role of Rachel on Another World in the mid 60's, she played the villian to a tee!!  At one time she was married to actor, Laurence Luckinbill who has now been married to Lucie Arnaz for many, many years. 

Honored Contributor

Spoiler
Sarah is pregnant, does not know who the Baby Daddy is  Not so smart for a doctor!! Viv shoots Kate, Julie needs a heart transplant. ! Jordan returns and is left in Rafe's custody. 
Frequent Contributor

I thought the same thing about Stefan O! He was so very underwhelmed hearing from his dead momma.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi gals - can someone please bring me up to date???  The last I saw was when Jennifer burst through the door (in Chicago) and was shocked at who she saw.  End of show,  /That was the last DAY I was able to watch.....

The rest is all pre-empted because of the weather.   I haven't watched toDAY yet and was hoping I would get caught up before watching it.  Seems like a lot has happened.  Now, I don't know how many DAYS I missed....

TIA

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

Hi gals - can someone please bring me up to date???  The last I saw was when Jennifer burst through the door (in Chicago) and was shocked at who she saw.  End of show,  /That was the last DAY I was able to watch.....

The rest is all pre-empted because of the weather.   I haven't watched toDAY yet and was hoping I would get caught up before watching it.  Seems like a lot has happened.  Now, I don't know how many DAYS I missed....

TIA

Read full summaries on Soaps.com

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:
Spoiler
Sarah is pregnant, does not know who the Baby Daddy is  Not so smart for a doctor!! Viv shoots Kate, Julie needs a heart transplant. ! Jordan returns and is left in Rafe's custody. 

And Viv misses and hits Stefan.....Gabi gives his heart to Julie.  Someone already gave us this spoiler.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:
Spoiler

And Viv misses and hits Stefan.....Gabi gives his heart to Julie.  Someone already gave us this spoiler.

According to spoiler I read, Viv does not miss and Kate is in hospital fighting for her life, no mention of Stefan getting shot. 

Honored Contributor

Claire will be making a return visit to the show.