Esteemed Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--NOVEMBER 2020 (possible spoilers)

@Judaline wrote:

re: spoiler @luvmybeetle    When in the world did those two get together? Memory fails. Or just another thing that we weren't privy to because the writers couldn't think of anything new. And how conveeeeenient that Gwen turned up in Salem. Isn't it a small world.

@Judaline    It's a small world after all...........

Esteemed Contributor

HRe: All Things DAYS--NOVEMBER 2020 (possible spoilers)

Happy 55th Anniversary to DAYS!! 

There are a few tributes on Facebook, including showing the first episode.   Julie was so young and it was nice to see Tom and Alice.

Have been a fan since day one.  Even though I complain about the show, I would miss it if it was cancelled.

Respected Contributor

@Jackson08 AGREE about the new Jennifer.  That's actress Cady McClain, right?  I don't like how she delivers her lines.  Sounds very UNnatural.  Then again, Missy Reeves barely ever used contractions in her lines so she sounded unnatural, too, at times.  And this new Jennifer even looks older.  When Jack and Jennifer are on, I FF through.  Jack, I feel, is too much.  JMO!

Respected Contributor

This  may have been answered, but why did Jennifer Reeves leave?

Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli  She commutes from Nashville.  With 2 new grandbabies there, and COVID, she didn't feel it was safe.  At least that's what we've been told. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Thank you @MamaWick !

I don't think I can get used to someone else playing that role . . .

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ luvmybettle:  I could see how Jack might not know but Kate had to know she had a baby and yet there is no connection with Mother and Daughter? And why would Gwen hate Abby so much and not want revenge on her absent parents? And why in all the years we have watched this program has that never came to light? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember Melissa Reeves being replaced in the 90's and I was fine with it. I am also fine with this actress in the role as well. I rather they replace the actors  than giving them false deaths or resurrecting them from the dead. It gets tiresome and old. The funny thing is; characters that have been presumed dead themselves, get shocked when another character comes back to life. 😆 It's really stupid. Give another actor a shot at the part, especially when the current or long time actor feels they're done with the role. We'll get used to them eventually. The only exception I would make are characters like Stefano, or Tom Horton. Now replace Hope and Ciara and let's get on with this story.

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@Jackson08 AGREE about the new Jennifer.  That's actress Cady McClain, right?  I don't like how she delivers her lines.  Sounds very UNnatural.  Then again, Missy Reeves barely ever used contractions in her lines so she sounded unnatural, too, at times.  And this new Jennifer even looks older.  When Jack and Jennifer are on, I FF through.  Jack, I feel, is too much.  JMO!

The new Jennifer is actually a few years younger than Missy Reeve, but she does look older.  One is 53, one is 50. 

Honored Contributor

Stephanie Cameron replaced Reeves in the late 90's and yes, she did a fine job We also had a different Jack then. . That was when Missy took a leave of absence meeting her hubbys demands when she had an attraction to an actor on the show, some of us remember it well.  Ah, the handsome Jason Brooks. who played Kristins bro on the show, Peter Blake, they killed him off.