Respected Contributor

All Things DAYS--NOVEMBER 2020 (possible spoilers)

Oh my!  I can't believe that we are at the end of October.  I used to love the holiday season on Days.  Even Thanksgiving was acknowledged with big family get togethers at the Horton house.  The Bradys weren't even on in the early DAYS.  And the big anniversary is November 8, 1965--I was 5.  This month's question is what is your earliest memory of DAYS? 

Mine is when Doug married Addie and then she pushed the baby carriage out of the way (Hope) and got hit by the car.  Or am I not remembering that right?

Let's hope it is a good months for our show!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--NOVEMBER 2020 (possible spoilers)

[ Edited ]

This title caught my eye.  I used to watch starting in the late 60s at college.

Both Horton parents were on and Bill and his brother.  I think they had sister who was a sister too. 

Respected Contributor

Hi @Still Raining !  This is a pretty robust discussion every month.  @MamaWick used to start a weekly thread (I think), but we switched to a monthly one last  year.  I don't do nearly as good a job as she did, but I try.  I at least get it posted before the month starts!!

Honored Contributor

I am a Days Lifer, been there since Day One, I go way way back to when Tommy Horton came back from the dead, with a changed face and he and his sister Marie fell in love not knowing who they were.  She became a nun after that fiasco !!  And Julie was a wild teen living with Tom and Alice since her parents were never around. Show was only 30 minutes then. 

Respected Contributor

I remember the 30 minute show. The Doctors and Another World were also 30 minutes!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I remember the 30 minute show. The Doctors and Another World were also 30 minutes!

The Doctors never made it to one hour butf or a short time Another World was extended to 90 minutes, but it was a flop. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli  You do a much better job!  A monthly thread was a great idea.  We also used to do 2 threads a week, one with spoilers and one without.  And...it's been 2 years since I stopped...it was when I took a job outside the house in 2018 for my last year of employment before retiring.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick I can't believe it's been 2 years since you stopped!  I was honored that everyone was okay with me taking over the thread!  I had forgotten there were 2 threads a week--that is a lot of work!!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Oh my!  I can't believe that we are at the end of October.  I used to love the holiday season on Days.  Even Thanksgiving was acknowledged with big family get togethers at the Horton house.  The Bradys weren't even on in the early DAYS.   

And when October goes
The snow begins to fly
Above the smokey roofs
I watch the planes go by

The children running home
Beneath a twilight sky
Oh, for the fun of them
When I was one of them

And when October goes
The same old dream appears
And you are in my arms
To share the happy years

Sing it, Barry!!!

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@DrKelli wrote:

Oh my!  I can't believe that we are at the end of October.  I used to love the holiday season on Days.  Even Thanksgiving was acknowledged with big family get togethers at the Horton house.  The Bradys weren't even on in the early DAYS.   

And when October goes
The snow begins to fly
Above the smokey roofs
I watch the planes go by

The children running home
Beneath a twilight sky
Oh, for the fun of them
When I was one of them

And when October goes
The same old dream appears
And you are in my arms
To share the happy years

Sing it, Barry!!!

Gosh, I just realized something. That song is sad!