Respected Contributor

All Things DAYS--NOVEMBER 2019 (possible spoilers)

Hello DAYSIES!  I figured I better get this posted before I forget.  I have a biopsy scheduled for November 1 and don't want to miss the first day of the month!

November is the month  our show premiered (November 8, 1965, to be exact)!  What are your earliest memories?   I remember Tom and Alice, of course, but I think the first story line I really remember getting involved in (and I was probably 6 or 7 years old) was Doug and Addie and when they got married.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--NOVEMBER 2019 (possible spoilers)

I think my first memories  were of Julie & Doug    I also remember when her face was scared , but dont remember how it happened .  Oh and when they had Dougs Place and he used to sing to her I believe the song was "I'll be loving you Always".  I used to watch it with my mom ,  I was very young so I'm surprised I have any recall.   

Esteemed Contributor

I think my first memories  were of Julie & Doug    I also remember when one side of her face was scared , but dont remember how it happened .  Oh and when they had Dougs Place and he used to sing to her I believe the song was "I'll be loving you Always".  I used to watch it with my mom ,  I was very young so I'm surprised I have any recall.   

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for the double post ,   I don't know what happened 😏??

Honored Contributor

I remember the nun who left the convent (first DAY I turned it on) and Neil and Liz Curtis and a place called Shananigans and the Penthouse Grille. These are all running together in my mind but that's just the way my mind works I guess? Oh, and Tom Horton. Love Mac.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I remember the nun who left the convent (first DAY I turned it on) and Neil and Liz Curtis and a place called Shananigans and the Penthouse Grille. These are all running together in my mind but that's just the way my mind works I guess? Oh, and Tom Horton. Love Mac.

The nun was Marie Horton!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I think my first memories  were of Julie & Doug    I also remember when one side of her face was scared , but dont remember how it happened .  Oh and when they had Dougs Place and he used to sing to her I believe the song was "I'll be loving you Always".  I used to watch it with my mom ,  I was very young so I'm surprised I have any recall.   

In 1979, Julie is badly burned by Maggie Horton's oven when it blows up in her face. When Julie sees the scars from her injuries, she is sure that Doug will no longer want her as his wife. When a reconstructive operation fails, Julie flies to Mexico and gets a divorce behind Doug's back.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

In 1979, Julie is badly burned by Maggie Horton's oven when it blows up in her face. When Julie sees the scars from her injuries, she is sure that Doug will no longer want her as his wife. When a reconstructive operation fails, Julie flies to Mexico and gets a divorce behind Doug's back.

@Shelbelle @You have a great memory !   she had surgery afterwards obviously as scar was eventually gone .   She was so pretty I remember and still is attractive.

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli   -  Hope all goes well for you!

I guess my earliest memories would be Trish, David, and Scotty, I think she was a singer.  I also remember Marlena, I think she was living in an apartment.  I was pretty young, so I'm not quite sure about some things.  Tom and Alice always seemed to be there too.  I really miss seeing them. 

Honored Contributor

Newbie here. I first remember Kristen trying to seduce Eric when he was a priest and three "ladies"(Gabi, Kate & Sami) disposing of Nick in a creek.

As for the Halloween spoof, I thought it was cute. Last year's was much worse in my opinion. So I understand a new character comes to town for the wedding on Nov 1.