Respected Contributor

All Things DAYS--MAY 2021 (possible spoilers)

I'm traveling for work, so thought I better get this posted.  DAYS is currently on  hiatus, awaiting renewal news.  Do you think they will get picked up for their 57th year?  As much as I complain about our show, I hope they get that renewal!

Trusted Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--MAY 2021 (possible spoilers)

I have mixed feelings. I have watched this as a kid with my mom, but have not actually watched it the last year or so (since Sami came back last summer) and would never watch now because of Kristen and the stupid mask stories. But, I do still read spoilers and recaps. I would hate for it to be shut down because of the cast and crew, but I have no compassion for the writing staff.

That said, here is a spoiler if you haven't seen it.

Spoiler
Ciara is/was already back and shot more scenes to be seen this summer. There was a reference to a milestone and that this time the fans should get the story they have wanted. So, maybe around their anniverdary in early July?

And, while Kristen will be given a longer prison sentence and be off the screen soon, there was also another leak that she had been back again.

And, the actress who plays Chanel is gone because she has been cast in a sitcom, but she will be recast. Who knows, if the sitcom doesn't get picked up and Days does, maybe she will return.
Honored Contributor

It is the lowest rated soap opera but I sure hope it gets renewed. Don't you like that Tripp is already making rounds in his lab coat? I never once saw him studying to become a doctor.

Respected Contributor

I actually think the cast does a great job with the writing they are given , with the exception of one actor , they are really quite good . I think they shoot 3 episodes a day. The writers are quite bad , they don't pay attention to detail , but on the other hand look at the pressure tp write this many episodes. The young and the Restless might have more down to earth storylines , but the show still stinks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I actually think the cast does a great job with the writing they are given , with the exception of one actor , they are really quite good . I think they shoot 3 episodes a day. The writers are quite bad , they don't pay attention to detail , but on the other hand look at the pressure tp write this many episodes. The young and the Restless might have more down to earth storylines , but the show still stinks.

---

Is it John you don't like @MW in Iowa? He overacts as far as I'm concerned. I used to hate Chad but he doesn't say um, um all the time. I truly thought that guy was on drugs, but he has gotten a lot better.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I have mixed feelings. I have watched this as a kid with my mom, but have not actually watched it the last year or so (since Sami came back last summer) and would never watch now because of Kristen and the stupid mask stories. But, I do still read spoilers and recaps. I would hate for it to be shut down because of the cast and crew, but I have no compassion for the writing staff.

That said, here is a spoiler if you haven't seen it.

Spoiler
Ciara is/was already back and shot more scenes to be seen this summer. There was a reference to a milestone and that this time the fans should get the story they have wanted. So, maybe around their anniverdary in early July?

And, while Kristen will be given a longer prison sentence and be off the screen soon, there was also another leak that she had been back again.

And, the actress who plays Chanel is gone because she has been cast in a sitcom, but she will be recast. Who knows, if the sitcom doesn't get picked up and Days does, maybe she will return.

I just don't think she is actress material (Chanel). I think you have it or you don't. She don't.

Kristen was whispering into Kate's ear toDAY. Drove me nuts. I can't stand when she does that. She does it a lot.

I'm sorry for Gwen. She was so happy to have someone of her own-a baby!  I hope she and Jack stay close wherever she ends up.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG ...and Tripp's lab coat is too long.  Only attending physicians wear long coats.  Interns and residents wear short coats.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

---

Is it John you don't like @MW in Iowa? He overacts as far as I'm concerned. I used to hate Chad but he doesn't say um, um all the time. I truly thought that guy was on drugs, but he has gotten a lot better.

I like Sami but she can't act, IMO.

Occasional Contributor

I think she is really too good an actress, and I think she portrays this idiotic person they write for her too well. I hate when she's on because she's written too over the top.I actually hate Sammi. (And I really don't hate anyone)

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline  Today when Gwen was obviously having a problem and in some kind of pain it occurred to me she could lose the baby but not tell anyone what happened. Will she just disappear and leave Jack and Chad wondering where she is?