Esteemed Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--MAY 2021 (possible spoilers)

This Dr Snyder looks too old to be a head resident (as Tripp called him, but the title is actually chief resident).

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

So, Gwen is in her hotel room, all of a sudden is in acute pain and slides down to the floor - YET she is able to grab her purse and RUN out the door and "drive??" to the hospital????  What was wrong with calling 911???  Wouldn't that have made more sense??  They would have taken her straight to the E.R where she belonged.... How come she took the elevator and goes to the floor where ALL the patients are?  Who knows if they even had a bed for her???  D&C or not, of course that is going to get out.  That info about the ultrasound isn't going to be a secret for long.  Someone will find the results - and that's all folks...........

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

So, Gwen is in her hotel room, all of a sudden is in acute pain and slides down to the floor - YET she is able to grab her purse and RUN out the door and "drive??" to the hospital????  What was wrong with calling 911???  Wouldn't that have made more sense??  They would have taken her straight to the E.R where she belonged.... How come she took the elevator and goes to the floor where ALL the patients are?  Who knows if they even had a bed for her???  D&C or not, of course that is going to get out.  That info about the ultrasound isn't going to be a secret for long.  Someone will find the results - and that's all folks...........

Agree with all you said. Even I was surprised when the elevator doors opened and there she was. Huh? Wrong floor, Gwenny. See, you walked right by Emergency. Did she think she was going up to book a room? And what luck, A DOCTOR WAS ON THE FLOOR! Lo and behold! He'll probably say, 'I'm sorry, madam, but you will have to take the lift down to emergency. We don't do emergency cases here.'  @MamaWick  is so right. She knows all that stuff. Much more than the writers and directors know.

I wonder if someone 'will find the results' of her ultrasound. This hospital is the equivalent of The Keystone Cops outfit. And if they ever  thought to look for the results, the damage will have been done-Abby probably in jail for pushing her down the stairs which she didn't do. I can just imagine the people who will suffer from this. True soap stuff.

Trusted Contributor

I am on the fence about it being renewed.  I have watched on and off for 25 years.  The writers are so bad.  I think many of the actors are still interesting but many of the story lines are unwatchable.  There must not be any good soap opera writers out there right now. 

The story line with Gwen falling down the stairs and being pushed has been done 100s of times.  If this is the best writing they can come up with,   the show will continue to loose viewers and will be cancelled within the next few years.

Honored Contributor

We need to focus on the fact that Marci Miller went out on maternity leave, therefore the writers had to find a way to get her off the show for a while, I guess this will lead her to leave Salem. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline - I thought Gwen had the D&C before she left the hospital, but anything is possible there.  Whenever another character lost a baby, I don't remember a doctor telling them they needed a D&C.

Also they never ask for insurance information in that hospital!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That doctor is going to be trouble! That's why he was introduced. On our show,  every other doctor (that is not a cast regular)  is usually a heel!  I know Tripp got caught doing something inappropriate, that being said; the doctor then made a smart ass comment about knowing the Chief of staff is his step mom and that ain't gonna fly for him. Another character who will have it in for Kayla. ( I would imagine if Kayla was my boss I'd hate her too. 😆)  I imagine this new resident doctor and Gwen are going to scheme together. It's happened time and time again on this show. Nicole (with a doctor played by John Callahan) Kristen and Xander did it too. There's nothing like a psycho doctor to blame your troubles on. Remember Jennifer and Dr. Shaw? How about Dr. Raynor who switched Sarah and Kristen's babies and then kidnapped Lanis twins? And of course the diabolical Dr. Wilhelm Rolf.

Tripp should have shut that doctor down and said "this is my fiancé and my nephew. We're so relieved it's only a minor issue he's experiencing." (but is it really???)  That would have been a better storyline; as we would have had Allie flabbergasted and given her something to gossip about with Claire, as well as leaving her ponder if Tripp really meant it. 
They should have a Days reality show contest where fans compete for spots on the writing team. 😆  I always read great ideas on this forum from our Daysies. They are way better than what we are being fed from so called professional writers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It wont be too long before we see Ciara back in Salem. She left town without ever asking for a divorce or annulment!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@KBEANS I'd just like to consult (for free) on their medical storylines.  The writers should at least do some basic research.  I could also be a good historian for them...like giving Claire, Brady, and Julie transplant scars.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Dr. Snyder is a jerk with no bedside manner. I wonder if he will try to get Kayla in trouble. Gwen told him that just the day before, Kayla saw a healthy baby. He may say she missed something. After all he even knew it was a little girl.