Respected Contributor

All Things DAYS--MAY 2019 (possible spoilers)

I can't believe it's already May (well, tomorrow, but I need to get this posted before I forget).

I find myself getting very irritated with our show.  I do watch occasionally and keep up through the soaps are us (or whatever that blog is).

Question of the month--do you ever wish you could watch the older episodes (think 60s, 70s and 80s) on demand?  I long for those older shows--and the Super Couples with their theme music!  And to hear Robert and Doug sing at Doug's Place (was that the name of his club?)

I wish you all a very happy May!

Respected Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--MAY 2019 (possible spoilers)

I loved it when Julie and Doug got togeter ....now there was a hot

couple ....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli @Big Joanie 

Yes..i do also Smiley HappyHeart

Certain memories still pop into my mind from long ago shows....

Tom&Alice and yes Dougs Place,Bo,Steve and the younger&happier Hope before she and others caught the whispering bug!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was thinking along those same lines @DrKelli . I wish I could watch the episodes showing Rafe coming to town, or when Marlena was possesed. If 'on demand ' gave 100 options, I'd try to watch them all. Or another idea would be a Retro type channel showcasing a particular year. I'm sick of Perry Mason on my retro channel and would love to see two episodes of Days instead.

Honored Contributor

I think Hope and Ciara have a strange relationship, they need to stay out of each other's lives. They are both adults, but it seems Ciara acts more mature than Hope.

Hope will lose Rafe and then find out that Ted is bad news--hope Ciara says, "I told you so". 

Trusted Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Question of the month--do you ever wish you could watch the older episodes (think 60s, 70s and 80s) on demand?  I long for those older shows--and the Super Couples with their theme music!  And to hear Robert and Doug sing at Doug's Place (was that the name of his club?)

I have often wished they replay long ago shows.  Once in awhile I'll remember a storyling and I'll search it on youtube and will end up going down a rabbit hole.

I would love for a retro network to do old Soaps... DOOL, Another World, The Doctors to name a few.  It would be a great trip down memory lane.  

Thanks for starting this Doc.  Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone remember an episode from maybe the early 80s or late 70s where Marlena popped up from her casket? I don't remember what that was even about now, but I was watching wiht a friend and we just screamed. We were in junior high or younger so we didn't see it coming at all.

Trusted Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I think Hope and Ciara have a strange relationship, they need to stay out of each other's lives. They are both adults, but it seems Ciara acts more mature than Hope.

Hope will lose Rafe and then find out that Ted is bad news--hope Ciara says, "I told you so". 

Me too, on both points.

Respected Contributor

I'd also like to see reruns of Passions. That was the most ridiculous show.  I remember the first time I saw it--I was home from college and asked my mom "Is this for real?"

@pigletsmom, I remember that episode.  There were a couple of other "sit up in the casket moments" that scared the ****** out of me.

Honored Contributor

I so agree with @SophiaMarie about the acting being terrible yesterDAY. Nicole was awful. And it killed me when she busted into Stefan's study saying, 'where's Chloe?' Huh? Wait, she's never even met this guy, she's standing in the middle of his living room (?) and making demands. Time to call your goons and exit, stage left, Nicole! What a nerve!

Eric still has the wrinkles on his forehead and the darting eyes. When will he relax? He looked plenty relaxed when he was devouring Nicole, tho. She really gets me by not wanting to see Holly till morning now, when upon her arrival and finally asking, 'where is Holly? You mean she isn't here?' Well, if you thought she was there, WHY didn't you immediately run into a bedroom just to see her face?? Why are you even here, Nicole. No one wants you. OK, maybe Eric does.