Respected Contributor

All Things DAYS--June 2019 (Possible Spoilers)

I thought I better get this up before I forgot!

Since June is the wedding month, how many of you remember the big weddings that DAYS used to do?  It seemed like when the ratings would fall, there was a big wedding.  I remember Don and Marlena--mainly because I created a bowler hat similiar to hers for my first wedding.  And of course, the big ones--Bo and Hope, Roman and Marlena (the real Roman--Wayne Northrup), Shane and Kimberly, Patch and Kayla and of course, Jennifer and Jack.  I may have even cried a couple of times . . .

Welcome to June!

Honored Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--June 2019 (Possible Spoilers)

@DrKelli 

thanks..... for reminding me of those weddings....   and shedding a few tears...and also laughter,shock,and happy endings...Heart

ah..June..love is in the air...so they saying goes...or is it?

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

So many weddings to choose from, I can't pick just one.  The ones that stand out for me are Bo & Hope (the 1st one),  and the one where Howie stood in for Hope when she was marrying Larry Welch.  

Honored Contributor

@Jackson08 wrote:

So many weddings to choose from, I can't pick just one.  The ones that stand out for me are Bo & Hope (the 1st one),  and the one where Howie stood in for Hope when she was marrying Larry Welch.  

And Bo came crashing thru the stained glass window? That was the coolest. Whoever wrote that episode? Get him back!!!

Honored Contributor

And in 1987 Justin and Adrienne had a most lavish wedding on an island in Greece, and Steve and Kayla in 1988 got married on a ship, and Jack and Jen had a lovely one in 1991. Bo and Hope were married in 1985 in England. Kristin Alfonso got married in real life not long after the TV wedding, and chose to wear her TV wedding dress, she loved it so much. 

Trusted Contributor

I really think it was a stretch the way they did Eric & Nicole's last scene yesterday.  SMH

Glad Ben remembered the music.   

Honored Contributor

For all you Marlena lovers:

Q: If there was one character/actor/actress from Marlena’s past you’d like to see return to DAYS, who would it be? Thanks! Been a huge fan since your possession days. –Tim R., Madison, WI

A: It will surprise no one to know that my answer is Wayne Northrop [ex-Roman]. Wayne was always surprising and outrageous, onstage as well as off. We were also social friends, so I have had the pleasure of watching him hurl a 30-pound bale of hay as well as carry a frightened calf up a very steep hill. He’s also very good at my passion, jigsaw puzzles. I have been close to Wayne and [his wife] Lynn [Herring, Lucy, GH] for as long as I can remembe

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite DAYS weddings are Bo and Hope in London and Adrienne & Justin's in Greece.

Of course runner up is Bo and Hope taking off on the motorcycle after he rescued her.

Esteemed Contributor

Bo and Hopes wedding is my favorite    She looked absolutely beautiful ! I remember crying .   I'm can certainly see why she would want to wear that gown at her real wedding.  Hope hasn't aged well.   She doesn't look good so thin , when  she was younger she had a little more weight on her and she IMO looked great.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

And in 1987 Justin and Adrienne had a most lavish wedding on an island in Greece, and Steve and Kayla in 1988 got married on a ship, and Jack and Jen had a lovely one in 1991. Bo and Hope were married in 1985 in England. Kristin Alfonso got married in real life not long after the TV wedding, and chose to wear her TV wedding dress, she loved it so much. 

@Shelbelle   Holy Canoli - I'm lucky I can remember my own wedding.......