Respected Contributor

All Things DAYS--July 2019 (possible spoilers)

OMG--I almost didn't get this posted! The month flew by!  This month's question is a memory question--what is your earliest memory of DAYS?  I have watched since it started because my mom watched it.  I was 5.  I remember the Doug/Addie story and I seem to remember a character named Susan that was somehow entangled with Julie?

Is July a sweeps month?  And more importantly, are we going to have to suffer with the stupid teen stories?

See you on the thread!

Valued Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--July 2019 (possible spoilers)

@DrKelli wrote:

OMG--I almost didn't get this posted! The month flew by!  This month's question is a memory question--what is your earliest memory of DAYS?  I have watched since it started because my mom watched it.  I was 5.  I remember the Doug/Addie story and I seem to remember a character named Susan that was somehow entangled with Julie?

Is July a sweeps month?  And more importantly, are we going to have to suffer with the stupid teen stories?

See you on the thread!

I remember the Doug/Addie story too..  And the Horton daughter who was a nun. 

Trusted Contributor

I used to have to watch if I was ever home sick so I could fill my mother in. I remember Robert Le Claire and Little Dougy, I remember Trish and Mike, and Melissa Anderson with Chris Kositchek. They are bringing back so many people, but I haven't seen any that far back!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli 

I believe i saw it from Day one...or soon after it came on B/W on tv!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

1971....watching Days.....expecting my first child.....named her Julie!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli 

I am also..soooo  done watching these teens/college kids ...grr!

I think that Marlena will have Claire commited A.S.AP!Smiley Frustrated

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I am a Days Lifer, been watching since beginning 1965, no VCR's back then so had to rely on others to keep me in the loop while in school, I was only 13 when it started. 

Honored Contributor

May and Nov are sweeps months. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I used to have to watch if I was ever home sick so I could fill my mother in. I remember Robert Le Claire and Little Dougy, I remember Trish and Mike, and Melissa Anderson with Chris Kositchek. They are bringing back so many people, but I haven't seen any that far back!

This is the same for me. When Marlena was with Don and Gloria Loring was on too. And I just went and googled it but Lanna Saunders is the Marie Horton I remember. I always think of her as the character as a nun for some reason.

Respected Contributor

I made a bowler hat for my first wedding that was inspired by Marlena’s wedding to Don! Everyone just loved it and thought it was so creative!