Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--JULY 2022--possible spoilers

@Scruffy2011 wrote:

@abbalulu wrote:

Why the heck didn't Niclole just hand the guy her purse when she had the gun pointed at her. If someone jumped out and pointed a gun at me I'd hand him my purse, my shoes, my hat, my gloves and whatever else he wanted as long as he would leave me alone. That was stupid.

Now we are supposed to accept Ben as this new person with no one ever questioning why he looks exactly like Ben. And boy was he greased up!  He looked like he bathed in a vat of cooking oil. It was actually kind of funny.

They did the same thing over on GH with a character who was killed and the actor came back playing a different part. It's really kind of annoying-especially if it's done really soon after their exit.

@abbalulu   Exactly..... I also thought she just should have given him her purse or tell him she would give him whatever money she had and Eric too....  So stupid to stand there and plead with him.  And, Nic looked so ridiculous too, trying to look "scared"...

OTOH - what's up with Sarah??? Can she get any skinnier???  My heavens.  She is so small - no wonder they put a horizontal top on her.  Otherwise, she would have been invisible.  She is sooooo tiny... Her hair doesn't do her any favors either.

Didn't we all see Rafe coming, just as Nic and Eric were in a clinch???  I did - I even said it out loud "where are you Rafe?"  LOL  

Also, where did Kristen buy all her after prison clothes??  Boy, they sure fit like they were made just for her - and what about that "work" dress Gabi was wearing???  Very appropriate I must say....

@Scruffy2011aka Sophiamarie  Maybe the prison gave Kristen some kind of clothing allowance when she left and she took it all and spent it on a new wardrobe from Fredrick's of Hollywood if anyone remembers them.

Gabi always dresses for work as if she just came back from an adventure in Vegas.

Hardly anyone on the soaps ever dresses like people do in real life. They dress so much more formally. Plus the CEO's of companies are all so young and it seems like none of them ever went to college. Of course soaps in general have little or nothing based in reality anymore. Devil story and crazy masks-case in point.  But I guess if they were too true to life they would be boring. lol I know no one would want to make a soap of my boring life.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Trusted Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@abbalulu My thoughts exactly!!!  Okay, so first, why didn't that guy take Nicole's ring that was literally right in front of him???  Instead, as the show went on, he demanded Ava's ring which was about half its size.  I'm a Rob Wilson fan so seeing him shirtless is always a good thing, but yesterday, when they zoomed in on his abs before they panned up to his face, I thought it was a wax figure!!!!  That shiny stuff on his body was overkill!!!  Big deal, his hair was now styled more toward his face - that doesn't make him anyone else other than Ben with a new style.  It'll take me a while to think of him as someone else.  Glad it's still him, though.  Wink wink.

@BarbiHollywood  I was lucky as I was taking a break from watching when Ben was the necktie killer so I never associated him with being a murderer too much.

Not only is Ben going to be someone else-now we have Jake turning back into Stefan again. A person will soon need a scorecard to keep track of who is playing whom.

On a completely different note-is it just me or is the kissing always extremely loud on the soaps? Is it because there are microphones for the dialogue and it also makes the kissing sound so loud?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BarbiHollywood  I was lucky as I was taking a break from watching when Ben was the necktie killer so I never associated him with being a murderer too much.

Not only is Ben going to be someone else-now we have Jake turning back into Stefan again. A person will soon need a scorecard to keep track of who is playing whom.

On a completely different note-is it just me or is the kissing always extremely loud on the soaps? Is it because there are microphones for the dialogue and it also makes the kissing sound so loud?

@abbalulu I definitely think it's the microphones. (nauseating, isn't it) One DAY I actually saw a black wire on the side of one of the guy's neck. Next scene it was gone of course. I think when he changed position it went back undercover. But I saw it!

ETA I guess in a bed scene the mike would be under the pillow or behind the headboard or in the long tendrils of the girl's hair?

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline  Well I'm glad to know that someone else hears the loud kissing too. I keep thinking it doesn't seem like real life kissing sounds like that. Sometimes there's so much smacking and slurping that it's almost funny if it wasn't kind of yucky at the same time. I suppose the actors in the scene don't even know it comes off like that.

Groucho Marx
Regular Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@corinne wrote:

Hi Jud,

"Ben" will now be Alex Kiriiakis

Hi Corinne!!! Saw your name the other day and totally forgot to go back and catch up!

Hope all is better with you. I seem to remember you had lots going on but were still watching the show? (such as it is) 

Hope you're here to stay a while!!

Hi Jud,

All is well! We are new grandparents! Thanks so much!🙂

Honored Contributor

@corinne 

as Alexander  aka Alex  and i don't remember him at all!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

So is it weird and unrealistic to have “Ben” become Alexander? Yes. What do you the the reason was? Not wanting to hire another hunky guy or was Rob Wilson that popular? 

And yes the slurping kisses are unbearable, I use the mute button every time.

Esteemed Contributor

Alexander has been mentioned, but has never been on screen until now. 

Since the actress playing Ciara has again left the show, the actor playing Ben didn't want to leave and TPTB definitely wanted to keep him.  So he is now Alexander Kiriakis. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@corinne wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@corinne wrote:

Hi Jud,

"Ben" will now be Alex Kiriiakis

Hi Corinne!!! Saw your name the other day and totally forgot to go back and catch up!

Hope all is better with you. I seem to remember you had lots going on but were still watching the show? (such as it is) 

Hope you're here to stay a while!!

Hi Jud,

All is well! We are new grandparents! Thanks so much!🙂

Well, congrats! It's a great feeling, isn't it? Your joy is yet to come. Our latest GD is a toddler and she's a laugh a minute. Love seeing her. 

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

Alexander has been mentioned, but has never been on screen until now. 

Since the actress playing Ciara has again left the show, the actor playing Ben didn't want to leave and TPTB definitely wanted to keep him.  So he is now Alexander Kiriakis. 

Really a dumb idea and they are pretty dumb thinking we're just going to go on as before with one actor becoming another. (in a matter of DAYS)