Respected Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--JANUARY 2023--possible spoilers

Yes @BarbiHollywood  I'm watching, but I'm not enjoying it like I used to. 

I think it's silly and I couldn't even feel a bit of sympathy for any of the 3 ladies that "died" knowing they were going to resurrect them. 

I don't like the way they try to pull on our heartstrings, try to make us feel sympathetic and then bring them back. I know it's fiction but come on. 

I remember the good ole days when characters were killed off; you really felt the writing. You had compassion, and shed some tears. You knew they were gone, and  occasionally someone turned up alive from a plane or car crash, or remained out of the picture because of amnesia...something reasonable like that. 😆 

I can't believe they're doing the devil bit again. 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@MamaWick  🎵 and it's all coming back to me now🎵

Wasn't there another Viv between Louise Sorel and Linda Dano. Just a few episodes? Maybe not.

@Judaline   Yes Jud. You are correct.  It was Robin Strasser who was Dorian on One Life yo Live.  She also played Rachel for a spell on Another world, I believe. She was horrible in the role of Vivian. I remember many of us were complaining about her.

Do you remember her now? 

Yes! I do remember now. Big mistake, Corday. RS will always be Rachel to me. Whatever happened to Mac, lol?

Respected Contributor

R --JANUARY 2023--possible spoilers

I'm only halfway done with today's show.  Going back to my perch soon to finish watching.

I've grown to really like Xander.  Odd, because when he was new to Salem, I didn't care for him very much.  It was very funny yesterday when he was trying to butter up Leo.  Can anyone tell me why Gwen calls Leo "Matty?"  I know they're supposed to know each other from a long time ago, but what's with the name?  Is there a purpose of her calling him a different name?  I'm lost.

Saw on a separate Days fan page that Brandon Barash got married on 12/17 and many of our Salemites were there.  He's 43, his bride 22!  Yes.  I said 22.  No typo there.  Hit the 2 twice.

Since I'm only halfway through the show, I have nothing more to say!!!  Enjoy the night, all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: R --JANUARY 2023--possible spoilers

When Gwen met Leo, he was going by the name of Matt Cooper and she always called him Matty.  Apparently, he has many aliases.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@KBEANS  I need to correct myself. Robin Strasser is not  MY Rachel from Another World. That was Victoria Wyndham. (how soon we forget). But Robin Strasser was on something for years that I watched-can't remember what.

Honored Contributor

Robin Strasser was orig Rachel on AW, she is the one who had a son by Steven Frame. In real life she was married to actor Laurence Luckinbill, he later married Lucie Arnaz years ago. 

Respected Contributor

Re: R --JANUARY 2023--possible spoilers

@MamaWick Ahhh, so that's the reason.  I must've nodded off when they aired that info!  I had a feeling you'd know.

Honored Contributor

Just an fyi...the new February thread is up!

~H~
Respected Contributor

@Judaline  I too preferred Victoria Wyndham. Strasser played Dorian Lord on One Life to Live for years after she left AW.

I did enjoy her as Dorian she was such a witch. I could not get with her as Viv...at all. She overplayed the part. She had zero, zip chemistry with Ivan.