Esteemed Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--JANUARY 2023--possible spoilers

My older sister had a casting agency in Atlanta for background players.  I was visiting in 1980-something when filming was being done for "Maid in America" starring Alex Karras, his wife Susan Clark, Mildred Natwick, and Fritz Weaver.  I went with her to the set and was able to be in four scenes.  Alex was nice and talked with everyone.  Mildred was a real hoot, very funny.  Susan and Fritz were snobbish.  The food was incredible for all, but we were not allowed to eat when the stars did.  It was a lot of hurry up and wait, lots of down time, but very interesting and I had fun.  

My sister had a very interesting life.  She was involved with Roots, Smokey and the Bandit and sequel, Sharky's Machine (for which I was able to attend the premiere in Atlanta,  meet Burt and many other stars at the after party), many TV movies, and the TV show Movin' On.  I have the scripts to Smokey and Maid in America.  I have the program for the Sharky premiere.  I lived vicariously through her.  Unfortunately my sister passed away at age 44 in 1986.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

My older sister had a casting agency in Atlanta for background players.  I was visiting in 1980-something when filming was being done for "Maid in America" starring Alex Karras, his wife Susan Clark, Mildred Natwick, and Fritz Weaver.  I went with her to the set and was able to be in four scenes.  Alex was nice and talked with everyone.  Mildred was a real hoot, very funny.  Susan and Fritz were snobbish.  The food was incredible for all, but we were not allowed to eat when the stars did.  It was a lot of hurry up and wait, lots of down time, but very interesting and I had fun.  

My sister had a very interesting life.  She was involved with Roots, Smokey and the Bandit and sequel, Sharky's Machine (for which I was able to attend the premiere in Atlanta,  meet Burt and many other stars at the after party), many TV movies, and the TV show Movin' On.  I have the scripts to Smokey and Maid in America.  I have the program for the Sharky premiere.  I lived vicariously through her.  Unfortunately my sister passed away at age 44 in 1986.

YOU MET BURT REYNOLDS????? Be still my heart! What did he say? Was he nice???? Talk to me!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I did.  And Joe Mascolo who had a part in the movie (but this was just before he became Stefano), Isaac Hayes (so cool), Charles Durning, Earl Holliman, and Miss Lillian Carter. 

This was the early 80s, so early marriage when we didn't have much.  I bought a dress that we really couldn't afford.  I very carefully removed the price tag so I could put it back on the dress and return it after the premiere.  When my sister introduced me to Burt, he told me I looked lovely 🥰🥰  Well, that dress is still hanging in my closet.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

Yes, I did.  And Joe Mascolo who had a part in the movie (but this was just before he became Stefano), Isaac Hayes (so cool), Charles Durning, Earl Holliman, and Miss Lillian Carter. 

This was the early 80s, so early marriage when we didn't have much.  I bought a dress that we really couldn't afford.  I very carefully removed the price tag so I could put it back on the dress and return it after the premiere.  When my sister introduced me to Burt, he told me I looked lovely 🥰🥰  Well, that dress is still hanging in my closet.

Well, yeah!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Source..Soap Opera News 

It was a very sad episode today....

E4CF29F6-2874-4FF0-8867-08AF77E3FA4D.jpeg2611BAFC-EBF8-4A26-9727-D4D29CC4AA23.jpeg

~H~
Respected Contributor

What do you suppose is the purpose of eliminating these characters? These were not small bit players either, making room for younger less expensive ones? Not too many “older” ladies left...watch your step Maggie!

Esteemed Contributor

@wakefield64. Never fear...they aren't gone

Honored Contributor

Not sure what is going on, but at least one of the 3 are not gone, not sure which one. I hope all 3 are alive and just on ice somewhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a clip of coming attractions for this week and they show Gabi hitting Stefan in the back of his with a frying pan.  Maybe she thinks that will jog his memorey - she is so desperate she will try anything.

Did they ever explain why Sami didn't come back to Salem when Marlena got sick again?

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Not sure what is going on, but at least one of the 3 are not gone, not sure which one. I hope all 3 are alive and just on ice somewhere. 

I would bet the farm all three are gonna be just fine!