Respected Contributor

All Things DAYS--AUGUST 2021--possible spoilers

OMG--I cannot believe that it is already August!!  In olden DAYS, we would have started seeing the wrap up of the teen summer story lines, complete with all the heartbreak of summer romances.  I'm sure my mom was glad to see the teen story lines end for the year, but I remember the summer I was in 8th grade and Mike Horton Jr. and Julie's son (I always get his name wrong) and the huge crush I had on them. 

I wish we could netflix these early episodes, but they were not digital, so they reused the tapes.  Our show was only 30 minutes when it started!  What did you look most forward to after the 'summer romance' episodes?

Super Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--AUGUST 2021--possible spoilers

Honestly aside of when I first started watching as a teenager I never really liked the kid storylines so I was happy for them to end at the end of summer. I started watching when I was 13 and Pete was with Melissa and Hope with Bo so those are huge memories of how I got sucked in. Liz was singing, Renee with Tony, Micky on the island, it used to be so good! 

I'd love to have early episodes on Netflix, I loved with Bravo was showing episodes from 10 years earlier, that was pretty fun to watch. 

Respected Contributor

@Katmary I completely forgot some of those storylines!!

Esteemed Contributor

I must confess.  I really have not missed Days this week.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I still haven't seen the Thursday episode before the Olympic break. Wish On Demand would get it out there. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I still haven't seen the Thursday episode before the Olympic break. Wish On Demand would get it out there. 

You can easily find it on You Tube the same day it airs. 

Honored Contributor

The part of Sonny K has been recast, former actor from Y and R. 

Respected Contributor

I think I may have some exciting news--it looks like they might be bringing DAYS to Netflix--all the old shows!  There is a channel there, but it says "Not available right now".  I hope they do--although like I said--all the old shows were on tape, not digital and I'm sure they reused tapes to save money.  Weren't the shows semi-live back then?

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

I must confess.  I really have not missed Days this week.

@MamaWick    SURELY YOU JEST, MAMA!!!!  LOL!!  I've been home doing stuff around the house for the past week and must have an internal clock that goes off telling myself I should go sit down to watch our silly little show.  Then I remember it's not on and I get a little sad.  When does our show return anyway?  I haven't watched any of the Olympics so I have no idea.

Respected Contributor

The closing ceremony is Sunday, so it should be back next Monday.