Respected Contributor

All Things DAYS--APRIL 2021 (Possible Spoilers)

Already April!!  And our show plugs on.  This month's question is a bit different--do you think that Soap Operas have outlived their relevance?  There used to be 8-10 soaps on, maybe more!  Now we are down to 2 or 3 I think?  We all talk about how our moms and grandmas used to watch them and I wonder if the fact that more women are working full time has made me ask this question.

I've been enjoying some old DAYS on YouTube!

Have a great day!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: All Things DAYS--APRIL 2021 (Possible Spoilers)

I do think tomorrow is another silly, stupid April Fool's crazy episode, of no interest to me !!!

Super Contributor

I love watching old Days scenes on YouTube, especially Hope & Bo and Doug & Julie.

@DrKelli wrote:

Already April!!  And our show plugs on.  This month's question is a bit different--do you think that Soap Operas have outlived their relevance?  There used to be 8-10 soaps on, maybe more!  Now we are down to 2 or 3 I think?  We all talk about how our moms and grandmas used to watch them and I wonder if the fact that more women are working full time has made me ask this question.

I've been enjoying some old DAYS on YouTube!

Have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

After toDAY'S episode, I'm sure of it. DAYS is trying to get rid of me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a first generation soap opera viewer. Mom and Grandma were way too busy to watch much TV. I do remember visiting my farmer Grandpa, a widower. After lunch, he'd take a rest in his easy chair. We'd watch Let's Make A Deal and one soap opera, maybe Guiding Light or As The World Turns. I recall a murder trial that lasted for months back then. Now the shows move faster, although Ben and Ciara need to be reunited soon IMO.

Respected Contributor

Just announced a new EJ , an actor from Spartacus , never heard of him. You would think of all of the daytime actors out of work , they could have used one of them . He is very good looking and may great , so i guess time will tell.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

The guide on my tv says that Steve and Kayla are surprised by a pregnancy. Well, we know it isn't Kayla, who could it be? 

It's opening DAY and NBC always has our local team's game televised. I guess I'll read all about it on soapsheknows. 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

The guide on my tv says that Steve and Kayla are surprised by a pregnancy. Well, we know it isn't Kayla, who could it be? 

It's opening DAY and NBC always has our local team's game televised. I guess I'll read all about it on soapsheknows. 

It is part of the April Fool's show !!!!

Respected Contributor

Boo to April Fool's jokes and shows.  Both are stupid.