Honored Contributor

I'm reading my TV Guide and saw All Rise is having it's season premiere Tuesday June 7 at 8:00 on OWN. It will jump ahead six months to election night for Judge Lola Carmichael and the return of legal eagle Emily Lopez. I watched the show to the end on CBS but I don't think I'll be back for this since I wasn't loving the show near the end. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  Thanks for posting this! I had no idea that OWN was continuing. All Rise. I was disappointed when it was cancelled.

Honored Contributor

I watched it too but may pass on its return on OWN. I did love Lola. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   this is the perfect time for this show to resume with new episodes. I watched last night and was glad to see most of the regular cast is still the same. They do have a different actor playing Judge Lola's husband but since we didn't see a lot of him anyway it didn't make a significant impact.

I agree with you that the show seemed to have lost its way during its last season but if last night was an indicator of future shows I'm all in.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

I thought it was a different actor playing Robin Carmichael, the previous ond had a shaved head. Also, looks like marg Helgenberger is pretty much gone from the show now, took a new job, but maybe she will make more guest appearances. 

Honored Contributor

I am thoroughly enjoying this show once again. I did watch this week's episode IRT but had to go back and watch the prior two weeks after noticing they were on my DVR. Looking forward to seeing Part II of the story that started this week. 👍🏽 

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

Excellent show this week!! Loved the scene with Lola and Sherry, perfection!!!

Did you recognize Elvin from Cosby Show as the man on trial for murder, few weeks ago he was a judge on Bull too. 

Esteemed Contributor
What happened to the Samantha Ware character? Maybe I dozed off but last I saw, she was the honoree at a party celebrating her passing the bar exam but she failed. I didn’t see her at all in the last episode. Was she written out?
Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:
What happened to the Samantha Ware character? Maybe I dozed off but last I saw, she was the honoree at a party celebrating her passing the bar exam but she failed. I didn’t see her at all in the last episode. Was she written out?

@Stray  Ness has not been written out. There have been a few mentions of her, one saying she needed to get away after failing the bar. It looks like from the previews she will be resurfacing soon.

Honored Contributor

Part II of the story that started last week didn't drop the ball. One of the things I like about this show it's doing something so many other shows cannot seem to do - integrate the personal lives of the stars into the show without the personal taking over.

After what Mark Callan's research revealed along with the statement Geoffrey Owens character, Carl Brewer, made at the end of the show it makes me think we will be seeing him again. I am glad that after someone tried to humiliate him by revealing he was working at Trader Joe's a couple of years ago, he is now back to acting.  Well done Mr. Owens!