Respected Contributor

I happened to see Sundance Network was showing the old sit com "All In The Family."  We started watching and then taped the shows.  I know these shows probably couldn't be shown today, but they were funny.  Any body watching them? Please don't turn this into something nasty.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: All In The Family

[ Edited ]

I watched 15 mins and had to change the channel.  Archie & Edith  were way over acting.  Archie constantly swing his arms & almost yelling.....with Edith   over doing the bounce walking.  I - personally - thought it was terrible.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, they wouldn't be produced in today's zealous PC world.  I remember how innovative this sitcom seemed.  Archie and Edith, Meatball and Gloria....brings back lots of memories.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker   I have the series, and still love it.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt 

The OP is talking about the original show not the live boradcast on ABC 

@fthunt wrote:

I watched 15 mins and had to change the channel.  Archie & Edith  were way over acting.  Archie constantly swing his arms & almost yelling.....with Edith   over doing the bounce walking.  I - personally - thought it was terrible.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

It is also airing late at night on weekends on LOGO channel. 

Respected Contributor

In the tri-state area, I've found it on WPIX Channel 11 on Saturday afternoons and evenings, when there isn't a ball game.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hated the original series and never found it funny--just made me uncomfortable.  I thought it was mean spirited and made everyone look bad.  And at least from what I'd observed in my little town, was unfair to all. 

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd  I think Archie's nickname for Mike as "Meathead".

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox @ fthunt  Yes, I was talking about the original series.  I did enjoy the "live" show and thought Marisa Tomei (sp?) was just the greatest as Edith.  Woody was not as good as I thought he could have been, but that's only my opinion.