Honored Contributor

Re: 👍🏾 All In The Family & The Jeffersons **REBOOT** 👍🏾

I watched this last night, it was okay but of course you can't compare it to the originals. I thought Jamie Foxx, Marisa Tomei, and Ike Barinholtz were exceptional. I never thought Wanda Sykes was Weezy, Wanda has a very distinct voice, I couldn't get past it. Seeing Marla Gibbs was great, good for her she is still working, she remembered her lines and gets along on her own steam (I heard them say she will be 88 years old in June). They didn't want to change any of the dialogue, leaving in the N word which of course was bleeped out. It's amazing how back in the 70's that word was allowed, today that word is banned.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the entire idea was terrible. I hope they never attempt to 'reboot' any other episodes from the classic shows of the 70's.

I like Woody Harrelson and Marisa Tomei but I didn't buy either of them as Archie and Edith. And Gloria as a brunette? NOPE!

It was nice to see Marla Gibbs again. Who's idea was it to cast Will Ferrell as Tom Willis? I can't stand the man and cringed when I saw him.

The only funny part of the entire night was when Jamie Foxx flubbed his line.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched both shows.  I didn't expect it to be spot on as far as the characters, however, I thought Marissa Tomei had Edith's mannerisms, anxious energy and her famous running to and from the kitchen down pat and I enjoyed her performance as Edith.  Woody Harrelson playing Archie was a bomb for me.  His own Texas accent kept interfering with the New York accent which really made the performance not realistic at all. I kept thinking why they didn't cast a heavier teddy bear type older actor (maybe a seasoned comedian) but I couldn't think of who in my head could have done Archie.  Carol O'Connor was one of the best comedic actors of all time.  

I did like Jamie Foxx and thought he did a good job of George Jefferson's head movements, voice inflections and the famous George Jefferson walk. I also started to cry seeing Marla Gibbs.  She was awesome for almost 88  years old.  Flawless in her performance, never missing a line.  Overall, I liked both since it brought back great memories of gathering around in the living room to watch Archie and Edith and George and Louise with my family, even though most of the jokes went over my head as a kid.  I could picture my dad laughing out loud at Archie, as he always did, and got the biggest kick out of George Jefferson.  I still love to watch the shows on Antenna TV.  What a gift Norman Lear gave televison...a creative genius!

Esteemed Contributor

Tonight I watched both episodes. First I did not care for the actress

who played Gloria at all. Why not make her blonde? Why not pad 

Woody a bit to make his body look like Archie's? Too much going

on in that episode. Did not really enjoy it.

I was surprised that out of all the actors that Jamie blew it so quick.

Maybe nerves, but he was so good as George in the second episode.

I enjoyed The Jeffersons and thought they were all good except for

Will Ferrell who I don't care for at all. Not funny.

Marla Gibbs was a great surprise. Best highlight of the night! Jackee

Harry and Wanda Sykes, very good as well. 

Honored Contributor

I thought it was just OK. The more I think about it the more I think they just should have left it in the past and not done the remake at all.

Honored Contributor

I finally watched it, and I liked it. I actually liked Marisa Tomei and thought she did a great job, as did the actress who played Gloria, and the actor who played Meathead.....

I also thinkk that Jamie Fox did good as George Jefferson, but the rest of the cast was just ok....

It was good seeing Marla Gibbs and Norman Lear-Wow, they look fantastic!!!!!

This was ok, and I am sure very very hard for the actors to try to get the dialect as well as the body movements right.....Wanda Sykes was ok as Weezie, but Weezie did have a very distinct voice.......I am glad I watched it!

Honored Contributor

I hated the All in the family reboot and I tolerated the Jeffersons, I was kind of a waste of my time

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.