Honored Contributor

Re: 👍🏾 All In The Family & The Jeffersons **REBOOT** 👍🏾

Jamie Foxx is an impressionist, so I expected him to have George Jefferson down pact.  I wanted to see the "George Jefferson slop."

JitteryConcernedCirriped-max-1mb.gif

I was shocked to see Marla Gibbs reprise her Florence role.  What a pleasant surprise.

Overall, I thought the acting was horrible.  Jamie flubbed a line & stated "this is a live show, what do you expect?"

Jackeé & Marla did an excellent acting job.

Nothing beats the original shows & actors which I loved.  Hopefully, no other shows will be recreated live.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Am I the only one who didn't care for it. I use to watch the real one every week it was on. I couldn't stand their voices and only saw about 20 minutes.

Super Contributor

I just looked it up, and Marisa Tomei is 54 years old.

Jean Stapleton was born in 1923, and AITF aired 1971 - 1979, so she was 48 when it started and 56 when it ended.

Jean Stapleton looked older, but was the same age as Marisa Tomei.  An older looking actress like Stapleton would have been better.

Honored Contributor

Of the two, I liked the Jeffersons better. Seeing Marla Gibbs was a pleasant surprise. Imagine if they did Maude next.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

t was great seeing Norman Lear, what an icon! I thought 'The Jeffersons; segment was far better than 'All in the Family' - Woody and Marisa as Archie and Edith were just awful. Ellie and the actor playing Mike were okay as the Stivics. I thought the casting/acting, etc for The Jeffersons was much better, Jamie Foxx embraced George Jefferson!  And seeing Marla GIbbs was the icing on the cake. Yes to Jennifer Hudson as well!

Esteemed Contributor

Like others have said, I liked the Jeffersons better. The show afterwards really made you see the difference in performance between the original and remake - the original was so effortless. Woody Harrelson and Marisa Tomei are both extremely good actors, but it was an almost impossible task. Regardless, it was great to see such big names in many of the roles!

I thought AITF was badly lit - seemed a little dark to me, but that may have been my TV.

PS - I may have also teared up when I realized it was Marla Gibbs! She was great!!
Honored Contributor

The bit that I caught was TERRIBLE.  SOMEONE PLAYING Archie Bunker....and Edith....just awful.  Not funny....not good acting....so bad. Worse show ever.

Respected Contributor

I thought AITF was awful.  And Jamie Fox was terrible in both.  What,  did they tell the actors to imitate the original?  Big mistake. Doing the George J. walk was just stupid.  Sean Hayes imitating the Lorenzo character was laugh out loud bad.  Wanda Sykes as Louise was the only solid performance that wasn’t a caricature of the original  and she seemed to set a tone for The Jeffersons. The casting and direction for the Jeffersons was so superior, except for Jamie Fox.  What a waste of tv.

Valued Contributor

MARRISA TOMEI  KILLED IT.................

Valued Contributor

@threecees wrote:

No actor can ever fill Archie's, Carroll O' Connor, chair or shoes. 

Certainly not Woody Harrelson.  They could have done so much better