Honored Contributor

Re: All Creatures.................

@Judaline - All the men in the line are working class, wearing flat caps.  Tristan and James, in their suits, wouldn't be wearing that kind of cap.

I loved the original series and I love this new one.  I wish each season was longer, but that's how British TV producers maintain quality shows.

Respected Contributor

Yes it was wonderful!!

I was SO happy Siegfried let Mrs. Hall keep Dash; such a darling boy. She needs him!

I did not see the first version (sadly) but I can't imagine anything better than this. 

I have to admit I was so nervous seeing both Tristan and James to sign up. 

This may become my favorite PBS series of all time...

Thank you for posting!

Respected Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@Judaline , I really love them both and can't really choose. I'm just really glad that they decided to do the most recent shows, though. I could watch every day.It's just all so realistic. I can't wait for the new season and hope it still runs on UK channel 5 in Sept. I don't get PBS any longer so was worried I'd not get to see it at all. BTW, I love all the pics that you post for us. Thanks.

@catter70, there are times when my local PBS station comes in poorly. Those times I usually just stream live from their website and either view it on my tablet or AirPlay it to my television.

Esteemed Contributor

I read all the books, watched all the original episodes, and have been so pleased that the new series is as good as the old, in my opinion. There's an honesty and humility that permeate all the episodes. They touch on humanity in telling the stories of the animals. I shall miss them after next Sunday.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Judaline - All the men in the line are working class, wearing flat caps.  Tristan and James, in their suits, wouldn't be wearing that kind of cap.

I loved the original series and I love this new one.  I wish each season was longer, but that's how British TV producers maintain quality shows.

I see. I never thought of that. 

Trusted Contributor

I just love this series and wish it had more episodes each season.  The past few weeks have been tearjerkers for sure and I have to admit the British make some darn good tv.  I love animals and always enjoy seeing them in each episode, even the cows and chickens - LOL.  Can't believe the finale is next week.  January 2024 is soooo far away.

Occasional Contributor

Love this program! and Miss Scarlet.  Most of PBS is now too miserably"woke" but the Brits make great tv, so much better than the trash tv on most channels.  Britbox has lots of good programs too. They were streaming the original All Creatures.

Aside from Chris Stapleton beautiful National Anthem at the bowl game last night, the rest of the  halftime so called "entertainment" was pure trash. Not appropriate for family time. I did not watch the game. 

Honored Contributor

I agree about this series being a great one but then all of Masterpiece Theater series are great to me.  Over the decades there have been such outstanding shows, excellence in acting, terrific settings, and so many shows which had me entertained.  I am enjoying Scarlett and the Duke and Vienna Blood also.

I couldn't pick a favorite, too many to choose from and too many favorites.