Honored Contributor

All Creatures Great and Small

Masterpiece

All Creatures Great and Small

Viking

Raymond James

I also wanted to make sure you were the first to know that we've just announced the airdate for All Creatures Great and Small Season 2! Get ready for more heartwarming adventures in the Yorkshire Dales starting Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022, 9/8c.

Honored Contributor

Re: All Creatures Great and Small

Thank you! @Judaline 

I love that show.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline Thanks for the info! For some reason I only got to see some of the first year, so I have to catch up!

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much! The characters are such a mix of differing personalities and traits. There are fighting and arguments, but in the end a fierce loyalty to each other. They share a deep and abiding love that unites them. This was one of my favorite shows ever and I cannot wait. Of course the animals are the stars as well especially the loving dog who cozies up to everyone (I wish I could recall his name). The show signals hope and kindess, so needed in today's' world. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks @Judaline!   I love this show. Was hoping it would be back.

Esteemed Contributor

I read all the books, saw the original series, and I've become a fan of the new one. When traveling in England, my husband and I visited the town where the real vet lived and worked. If memory serves me, it was Richmond. I remembered it because I had a friend with that surname. I'm looking forward to the new season in January.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, so much, @Judaline. I was just looking around for that the other day. Such a great show.

Frequent Contributor

We just finished watching the first season. What a delightful show. I can't say how much I really enjoyed it  Even DH liked it. Loved the cinematography. These actors really are perfect in their parts. .Looking forward to season 2. Has there been talk of season 3? 

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I read all the books, saw the original series, and I've become a fan of the new one. When traveling in England, my husband and I visited the town where the real vet lived and worked. If memory serves me, it was Richmond. I remembered it because I had a friend with that surname. I'm looking forward to the new season in January.

The real vet (James Alfred Wight) lived in Thirsk, Yorkshire.  Some of the filming for the original series was done in Richmond though.

I loved the original series and have loved the new series just as much.  I'm really looking forward to the new series.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline , thanks.  I just watched the reruns AGAIN on

PBS last week.  I love this series and also the "Scarlet" detective one also.