Trusted Contributor

Re: All Creatures Great and Small

This remake of the PBS series from the 70's is an absolute delight! I am loving every minute of it!
BTW: the Golden Retriever is named Jess.......she loves everybody! So true to her breed! 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I'm gonna hate to see this end. Why can't it go on forever like the old radio shows?

@Judaline   If you have any interest in the original series of seven seasons, it is available on DVD in a set, bought mine on ebay.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

I'm gonna hate to see this end. Why can't it go on forever like the old radio shows?

@Judaline   If you have any interest in the original series of seven seasons, it is available on DVD in a set, bought mine on ebay.

I have it! Thing is, at least with mine, there's no closed captioning, so I rarely watch it. But I loved it in its hey-day. I'll hold that thought. The two series are very different. I'm liking this new one a lot. It is hard for me to make a preference!

Frequent Contributor

This series just makes me happy! I feel refreshed when I watch it. It could go on forever as far as I'm concerned.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I watched last night's episode on Feb 6th. It was very deep.  I expected Dr James and the young man who Helen didn't marry to really duke it out. But James saw that the man was so hurt and wanted to take it out on someone that he let him win at cricket.  Now I don't know how cricket is played but only James, Helen and Tristan knew what he had done to let the chap save face so to speak.  It was truly touching. I loved this episode as one of my total favorites.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

James was on a team, not playing as a individual. Deliberately throwing the game, letting his team down, was far from honorable. It was shameful.

Honored Contributor

Well, one thing's for sure. I will never understand Cricket. 

I thought her ex was deep down up to something-still not sure about him.

Honored Contributor

The way I see it James deliberately caused his team to lose because in his heart he already won what he wanted and everyone knew it. He let Hugh take the winning point just be be fair about it. Hugh won his game, James won the woman. Fair game. 

Siegfried let Tristan off his 'leash' just as he told Mrs. Pumphrey to let Tricki Woo off his leash. What a great story.