Valued Contributor

*** All Creatures Great & Small — Season 2 Finale ***

Any comments on Season 2 in general and the Season finale?

3834914A-AEC8-4A60-ADA2-17CDFEC95B2E.jpeg

10B391C6-088E-41DA-9FD8-E6BF91F34F78.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: *** All Creatures Great & Small — Season 2 Finale ***

The last episode of this season is on my DVR, I will watch it soon.  As far as the series goes, I am enjoying it.  It is light and a feel good Masterpiece Theater.  I love animals and seeing them being born and cared for is uplifting.  The characters are easy to like and of course the acting always excellent.  I don't think there were any surprises this season for me but the series moves along and is enjoyable in my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

@Toots711  I'm still catching up on Season 2 and am not ready for the finale, and I'm enjoying it! It will never be like the original production (or the book, for that matter) in my world. But, the characters are portrayed very well, I think.

Contributor

This is one of my favorite series.  I enjoyed the original one back in the 70's ( I think) and am pleased they decided to bring this back.  I think the actors are great and it is a nice, heartwarming series.  Love all the animals!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm enjoying this series as much as I did the first one in the 1970s. The Christmas episode had me laughing and tearing up. Spolier...Thank goodness Tricky made it.

Respected Contributor

I loved the finale, along with the entire first and second seasons.

As some haven't seen it yet, I won't include any spoilers. I will simply say that the characters are endearing, imperfections aside. It is enduring familial love, which includes treasured friends who are in effect, family.

There is an element of kindness interwoven throughout the stories. And the animals are an added delight, particularly the dogs.

I've enjoyed seeing Tris grow up, Siegfried's slow thaw, James and Helen's slow evolving but undeniable love. Mrs. Hall, the heart and soul of the family.

I understand it has already been renewed for a third and fourth season.

I cannot wait!

Valued Contributor

@DSD2 @Vivian @Jepster @PA Mom-mom @spiderw 

Many thanks for your thoughtful replies!
I agree with each of you!

Since I have access to three PBS stations, I will rewatch the Finale tonight on another station. 🤓

By the way, I was impressed that the opening artwork was updated with snow scenes. Would love to have one of their prints. 
5E5F8B48-A8CC-44A6-B48B-5DEA331FE818.jpeg

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I love the show! It's the one program I can watch and smile. I'm glad it's been renewed, gosh this season went fast!

I'll go watch the last episode now!

😀  🩺 🔬🦮🐈‍⬛🐈🐕🐕‍🦺

Respected Contributor

I watched the whole season in 2 nights on my Roku.  I just couldn't wait for each week to come along.  I really enjoy this program as it is just so comfortable to watch.  I adore the animals and the people are like family.  I'm really glad it has been renewed.

Frequent Contributor

It is a beautiful and sweet show.  I love all the characters and animals.  Wonderful story.  So looking forward to season 3.