Honored Contributor

Ali (Bachelorette) as temp co-host of Home and Family

Home and Family viewers, I didn't put in last names, etc.  so if you don't watch the show, you will be confused.  Sorry.

I guess Debbie M is on vacation, I know Mark just took time off (and is becoming a new dad!).

But I'm really enjoying Ali as the temp co host and I never watched Bachelorette (or the Bachelor).

She's like a much younger version of Debbie, but not forced/fake-y like Debbie comes off (to me).

The show was really losing it's *Oomph* for the past few weeks and when Mark left for vacay, I thought *Uh Oh!*  They're looking for a younger replacement....

But he is back and for some reason seems ageless, still a good fit.  Maybe it's the younger wife? lol

But now that Deb is off, I can't help but to think she may have something to worry about.

I know Woody is still in mourning of the loss of his wife, not even sure he is back at producing.

I posted a little while ago, that Cristina Ferrare came out and said on Twitter that it was Woody's decision to let her go.  But she did post a lovely sentiment when Woody's wife died a short while later.

What do you think of Ali?

Contributor

Re: Ali (Bachelorette) as temp co-host of Home and Family

I'm a long-time viewer of Home and Family - I really missed Cristina Ferrare when she was unfairly replaced with Debbie. I am loving Ali as a temporary replacement, because she's softer and not so dominating.  I personally don't find Debbie and Mark a good match - I think Mark shines more with someone who doesn't demand to be the center of attention.  When there are two hosts, the ideal combination for me is one who takes more of the lead and one who plays nicely off that. It's just my preference, and I find Debbie too over the top, plus she always has to outshine everyone in any games they play. Whenever Kym fills in for Debbie I am thrilled - she's funny, easy to watch and plays well off Mark's witty side. 

Respected Contributor

I like her.  I've never seen her on "Home and Family," but she's done some entertainment reports on the E network.

Super Contributor

I don't know who Ali is, but have recently taken a break from H & F.  It seems that both Debbie and Mark have become so "gushy" and anxious.  For me it is no longer the calm show it once was!

I read recently on Cristina's FB page that she has just completed  stem cell therapy and will be checking into City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center in May for 2 to 3 weeks for multiple myeloma treatments. 

Esteemed Contributor

Complete opposite reaction.   I had to turn it off.  Her voice was like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I like her, but discovered that, for me, a little of her goes a very long way.   I will give her another try (I DVR it), maybe I will feel differently.

I didn't watch it when CF was on so Debbie is all I know and don't have a dislike of her, so that may be the difference.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

Complete opposite reaction.   I had to turn it off.  Her voice was like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I like her, but discovered that, for me, a little of her goes a very long way.   I will give her another try (I DVR it), maybe I will feel differently.

I didn't watch it when CF was on so Debbie is all I know and don't have a dislike of her, so that may be the difference.

Haha!  See now Debbie's back, she's so loud and over animated, that TV stayed on for 5 mins. and now it's off!

Plus the guest lineup is Zzzzzzzzz.

I'm hoping they find a replacement for Matenoupoulus.