Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE Hitchcock films. I've seen almost all of them, many times over. I've been watching this morning even though I've seen all those they've shown so far on TCM and saw the rest on the schedule. I don't have one favorite but I do have a list of the best of the best. In no particular order they are Psycho, The Birds, North by Northwest, Saboteur, Suspicion, and Shadow of a Doubt, which I can watch over and over again. It's THAT good.

I'm old enough to remember that when he was alive, Hitchcock was overlooked by the critics as a director of a certain type of film that they looked down on. The public never regarded his movies that way. Most were wildly popular. It was after he died that Hitchcock's genius was finally recognized.

Honored Contributor

Have a great book by Bill Givens-Reel Gags. The chapter called Where's Alfred tells you where he is in his films

And who could forget Dial M for Murder?

Esteemed Contributor

I would personally be tempted to immediately suggest my favorites,  Psycho, Rebecca or The Birds.

But I think for an introduction Rear Window,  North By Northwest or Strangers on a Train.

Respected Contributor

I love them all and watch them repeatedly.  The only one I did not like was The Birds.  Love all the rest.  No one directed like Hitchcock, he was absolutely incredible.  No matter how many times I watch his movies, I am rivited (sp?) to the screen.  My DVR is all set to watch these again.

Super Contributor

The Birds and Psycho are  my favorites. Lifeboat and Torn Curtain are 2 more goodies. 

Trusted Contributor

Don't forget "The 39 Steps" (1935), a British thriller directed by Alfred Hitchcock....stars Robert Donat and Madeleine Carroll. Set in Scotland, it is a really GOOD movie! Tape it for viewing if TCM brings it back. Wonderful film noir, set in Scotland...lots of suspense....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Anyone remember John Berdadino (sp) on General Hospital? He played one of the policeman that arrested Cary Grant in North by Northwest.

Honored Contributor

Glad I saw The Lady Vanishes. I like Dame May Whitty.

I enjoy the movie. It is the type of movie you have no idea what is going on. And toward the end all the questions come together.

Honored Contributor

Marnie, Sean Connery was so handsome!!!

Honored Contributor

Vertigo