Trusted Contributor

Alfred Hitchcock fans...

[ Edited ]

I ran across this on the IFC channel and found it fascinating.  It is an analysis of the shower scene in Psycho.  But there is much more.  I believe it was made in 2017 so you may have seen it but I never had.  

https://www.ifcfilms.com/films/7852

Honored Contributor

Re: Alfred Hitchcock fans...

Thanks, @avid shopper ,  Hitchcock's films are an endless source of rich study!

Honored Contributor

It still bugs the heck out of me that Hitch never won an Oscar. 

Honored Contributor

I am confused. Thought this was about Psycho. Those people mentioned were just a twinkle in Moses' eye at the time the film was made.

Hitchcock's  wife  did tell him that Janet Leigh's eyes moved after she was dead and the scene was reshot.

Could someone help me? Thanks

Honored Contributor

Thanks Avid shopper.

Esteemed Contributor

Hitchcock's humorous acceptance of the non-competitive Irving Thalberg award, April 1968.

ALFRED HITCHCOCK:
Thank you.

[Ed. note: After saying "Thank you," Mr. Hitchcock stepped back from the mic and turned to look at presenter Robert Wise. He then stepped back up to the mic and added, "Very much indeed;" however, the mic had already been turned off and that portion was mostly inaudible.]

239336697902c463e62b98d604a8b0cb.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@Oznell   So true!

The painting Norman moves aside to reveal the peep hole to  spy on Marion is called Susanna and the Elders-two men spying on Susanna bathing then threatening her after to have sex with them.  Interesting comparison.

The story from the Bible has been painted by others but I do not think the artist for this version has ever been definitely identified.

In Hitchcock's “Psycho”, the painting that hides the peephole into the  bathroom is of a Biblical story(Susannah and the Elders, Book of Daniel) in  which two men spy on a bathing woman. :

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a strange "bucket list" but on it is to watch all of Hitchcock's movies before.....LOL!

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/alfred-hitchcock-movies-ranked/

@Oznell wrote:

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

@Oznell   So true!

The painting Norman moves aside to reveal the peep hole to  spy on Marion is called Susanna and the Elders-two men spying on Susanna bathing then threatening her after to have sex with them.  Interesting comparison.

The story from the Bible has been painted by others but I do not think the artist for this version has ever been definitely identified.

In Hitchcock's “Psycho”, the painting that hides the peephole into the  bathroom is of a Biblical story(Susannah and the Elders, Book of Daniel) in  which two men spy on a bathing woman. :

There was a discussion of this picture in "78/52"

Honored Contributor

Fascinating tidbit, @Cakers3 !