Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Love AH but for some reason I never found The Birds scary. Psycho is classic and Rear Window frightening.    Love his short films....AH Presents is still on. He was an interesting individual, I was surprised to read some of his history.  I recorded the films Thanks @appm

@phoenixbrd

The Birds

The Birds

The Birds

Really? Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee  Really...I understand the devastation in the film.  But, for me, animals just don't register as evil. Maybe because the premise was so far fetched, it just didn't have that element of possibility.   On the other hand....Psycho..,.horrific!  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@just bee  Really...I understand the devastation in the film.  But, for me, animals just don't register as evil. Maybe because the premise was so far fetched, it just didn't have that element of possibility.   On the other hand....Psycho..,.horrific!  

@phoenixbrd

I think part of the "horror" of The Birds was that something so ordinary and harmless could suddenly turn...

CAW!!!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I don't think Tippi Hedren would agree with you. She got bit up quite badly making that film.

Honored Contributor

@just bee  I can understand your point of view and many share it... for it is a scary movie for most and obviously that was AH's intention. It reads as fiction for me, I can't relate to the possibility.  Being an animal activist, living a vegan lifestyle for most of my life may taint my perspective.  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@just bee  I can understand your point of view and many share it... for it is a scary movie for most and obviously that was AH's intention. It reads as fiction for me, I can't relate to the possibility.  Being an animal activist, living a vegan lifestyle for most of my life may taint my perspective.  

@phoenixbrd

Ah... then scary for you might be...

Triffids

Killer kale!!!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the growers' market...

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I’ve enjoyed watching AH movies this time around but hid under blankets watching them when I was much younger.

To this day, I have not and neither has DH watched Pycho all the way through.

It took me a long, long time to be able to watch Psycho alone all the way through.  I usually turned it off when Martin Balsam was going up those steps.  I also cannot watch The Shining alone--too scary.

Honored Contributor

Loved Alfred Hitchcock's films......He was brilliant!

Super Contributor

I read somewhere that AH always shows up somewhere in his films.  I keep looking, but the only one I saw him show up in was Strangers On ATrain where he is shown getting on the train carrying a cello.