Super Contributor

There's a whole bunch of Hitchcock movies on BBCAmerica today starting at 9:00 A. M. with Vertigo and I think ending with Rear Window.  Don't know how many times I've seen them all, but I'll be watching again.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Alfred Hitchcock movies. In my opinion, he didn’t get the accolades he deserved. Yes, his films hve been very popular but the so-called critics didn’t take him seriously enough while he was alive. Over the years, however, Hitchcock has garnered the kudos he deserves. I’ll be watching.

Honored Contributor

Vertigo

Psycho

The Birds

Rear Window 

Psycho and The Birds are repeated throughout the day.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing....Alfred Hitchcock is one of my favorite and has produced some of the scariest movies I have watched. The Birds had me looking over my shoulder for weeks.  Every time I went outside I kept thinking some bird is going to attack Smiley LOL!

Honored Contributor

Too many commercials on that channel. I watch these movies on TCM. They run them often.

Honored Contributor

I’ve enjoyed watching AH movies this time around but hid under blankets watching them when I was much younger.

To this day, I have not and neither has DH watched Pycho all the way through.

Valued Contributor

I loved his TV show in the 60's - the Hitchcock Presents which turned into the Hitchcock hour - and I used to read the Hitchcock Mystery Magazine.  I need to check out Netflix/Hulu/Prime to see if they still show any of them.   Wonderful shows!

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I’ve enjoyed watching AH movies this time around but hid under blankets watching them when I was much younger.

To this day, I have not and neither has DH watched Pycho all the way through.

@OKPrincess

I remember when I was studying Hitchcock in college, my professor told us that one of the reasons viewers feel so uneasy during Psycho is that the film was shot slightly off-kilter -- intentionally.

Don't know if that's true... but it feels true. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Thanks!  I love 'em all - never get tired of them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Alfred Hitchcock Movies

[ Edited ]

Love AH but for some reason I never found The Birds scary. Psycho is classic and Rear Window frightening.    Love his short films....AH Presents is still on. He was an interesting individual, I was surprised to read some of his history.  I recorded the films Thanks @appm