Honored Contributor

@appm wrote:

I read somewhere that AH always shows up somewhere in his films.  I keep looking, but the only one I saw him show up in was Strangers On ATrain where he is shown getting on the train carrying a cello.

@appm

There are several resources online detailing Mr. Hitchcock's "cameos." 

This is a good one:

http://www.filmsite.org/hitchcockcameos.html

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor

He appears in Vertigo in a grey suit walking in the street with a trumpet case.

In Rear Window he is winding a clock in the apartment of the songwriter.

Love watching for his cameo appearances!

Honored Contributor

Re: Alfred Hitchcock Movies

[ Edited ]

So hard to believe Hitch never won an Oscar for his amazing body of work.

Honored Contributor

I saw “The Birds” on TV when I was a teen. I couldn’t sleep & had nightmares for a few weeks. I kept hearing bird noises in my head. I avoided all horror movies for some time after that.

I saw “Psycho” for the first time when I was in my 30s. I took showers with the bathroom door open for awhile so I could see if anyone was coming! 😳

I am in my mid 50s now, and I can rewatch both with no “issues”.

I love all his movies, not just for the suspense, but his use of camera angles, dialogue, music and sound effects all add to the effect of the stories.

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I saw “The Birds” on TV when I was a teen. I couldn’t sleep & had nightmares for a few weeks. I kept hearing bird noises in my head. I avoided all horror movies for some time after that.

I saw “Psycho” for the first time when I was in my 30s. I took showers with the bathroom door open for awhile so I could see if anyone was coming! 😳

I am in my mid 50s now, and I can rewatch both with no “issues”.

I love all his movies, not just for the suspense, but his use of camera angles, dialogue, music and sound effects all add to the effect of the stories.

@wilma. I think a lot of people took showers with the curtain or door open for a while after that movie! lol!

Honored Contributor

APPM: I have a book (Reel Gags by Bill Givens) that has a chapter --Where's Alfred that tells you where he is in many of his films.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man