Esteemed Contributor

Looks like they are doing stunt casting.  What's next...WIN A GUEST HOST SPOT!!!  ENTER NOW.  ???

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: Alex's Final Jeopardy

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

Colbert and Cooper have become too political, IMO, for a game show. Mike Rowe, Levar Burton, Brad R. -- OK Choices by me.

I just know it will be tough to replace Alex Trebek!

i think on a game show that no host is going to voice their political opinions or thoughts......and that is just MY  opinion. i find them both to be very likeable, intelligent, and funny.

@sunshine45 

Oh Im sure they'd do just as good a job as ESPN does in keeping politics out of sports....🙄 (sarcasm)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Mike Rowe ? That would be a shocker. Mike Rowe used to make disparaging comments about certain items he presented when he was a host on QVC. I always felt he was embarrassed working at QVC. I was never a fan of his.

Would think Chuck Wollery would be a better host. He's affable and a god conversation is.  I also would suggest a female host such as Meredith Viera.

@Reever 

I couldnt stand Viera on Millionaire....I think Brooke Burns is a better choice she did a good job on the original Chase and she's very good on Master Minds ....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ - I read the producers and Alex worked on a list before the last of his shows. They might have been talking recently with people on that list and auditioning them quietly behind the scenes. I'm sure they want to make sure nothing about this is leaked. I just hope they choose the best person for the position and not who ABC thinks people will want to see on their TV screen - like someone who is the newest celebrity or something!  Smiley Wink

@beach-mom  they should have each of the considerations host for a couple of weeks  to gauge the fit, ratings, etc. Then make a permanent decision. 

Honored Contributor

Calm down. They already have four or so people that will take their turns. It’s a tv show for goodness sake. No serial killers will be involved.

Honored Contributor

@cuddles wrote:

Ben Bailey.Smiley Happy

oh, nice choice......i LOVE ben bailey @cuddles 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein