Esteemed Contributor

As Jeopardy was preempted on Wednesday night because of the DC happenings, they are airing the show on Sunday evening. 

Honored Contributor

@estaw2000 wrote:

I would love to see Mike Rowe try it!

@estaw2000  I think this is a great idea. I remember him well as a host and he seemed to be smart, with a really good sense of humor. I also remember him not taking the products he was selling too seriously.😃  And unlike Jennings he has lots of TV experience.  My vote is for Mike Rowe!

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

As Jeopardy was preempted on Wednesday night because of the DC happenings, they are airing the show on Sunday evening. 

@riley1  this may be one of those things that is being done according to your local ABC affiliate. In my area they aired the shows on yesterday before the final show. They advertised it extensively starting Thursday. It was on the 5P, 6P, and 10P news shows and all morning yesterday.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Frequent Contributor

I certainly won't be watching the shows with Katie Couric.  I kind of liked her before she was on the Winter Olympics opening ceremony broadcast.  By then she was no longer doing the news and apparently she felt she had to make up for lost time because she never shut up the whole three hours.  It was extremely annoying.  She was scheduled for the closing ceremonies as well but they replaced her because they had so many complaints from the viewers.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids   Who is Ken Jennings??????

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 I'm guessing you're not a regular Jeopardy viewer!  Just Google his name and you'll see all the info. He won a HUGE amount of money. There's a lot more info online. 

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids  No, I watch quite often.  If you are talking about the guy from Naperville, IL then I know who he is.  Anyway I hope they find a good replacement.  i am currently watching old Concentration games with Alex as the host.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

It's been sad seeing Alex hosting as though he were still here w/us.  People have mentioned the new host has to have a personality.  imo w/the reboots of these new game shows, the hosts they've chosen make the show all about them because of their me me me personalities.  No thank you.

I like the Mike Rowe suggestion.  He has a great voice as well as a likeable demeanor.  But my pick would be Jesse Palmer.  Another fellow from Canada.  No accent.  Clear speaking voice.  Nice looking.  Personality not over the top.  Right age.  Trim n fit.

The host has to be able to read off those clues with clarity and speed, correct pronunciation and accept the answers and move on quickly as well.  Not easy. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

In the tribute at show's end they included the clip of Alex walking onstage without his pants on. What is the story behind that? Why did he do it?

Trusted Contributor

Colbert and Cooper have become too political, IMO, for a game show. Mike Rowe, Levar Burton, Brad R. -- OK Choices by me.

I just know it will be tough to replace Alex Trebek!