Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ I disagree. ABC knows exactly what they are doing.

They're trying out fill in hosts until they make a final decision. I personally can't see LeVar Burton or a couple others as having the sparkle and wit that Alex had.

ABC will decide when they decide! Nothing to rush into, obviously.

@Love my grandkids  I think everyone knows they are trying fill in hosts. Obviously the first two don't seem very popular at least from posts here. Goodness, I didn't mean to upset you! 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ - I read the producers and Alex worked on a list before the last of his shows. They might have been talking recently with people on that list and auditioning them quietly behind the scenes. I'm sure they want to make sure nothing about this is leaked. I just hope they choose the best person for the position and not who ABC thinks people will want to see on their TV screen - like someone who is the newest celebrity or something!  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

The tribute at the end was so special, I'm so glad they did that. But I must admit I got emotional when they showed the picture with his two little kids. His family is surely hurting the most even though we all will miss him too. 

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@MamaWick  We were not thrilled with the final send-off. We both thought it should have been more of a tribute. I don't see how they are going to replace him. How on earth is Katie Couric going to fill that void???

There was an hour long special tribute just after he passed away. I thought that the ending of last night's show was perfect. Alex never took himself too seriously, and it seemed to me like a finale that he would have happily approved of.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor
We have been crying and cried at the last show. RIP Alex.
Regular Contributor

I would love to see Mike Rowe try it!

Honored Contributor

Re: Alex's Final Jeopardy

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

So.... who does everyone think would be a good host? Doesn’t sound like the two temporary ones are a good choice. 

someone with personality!......colbert, bergeron, levar burton, jerry oconnell, anderson cooper, brad rutter?

Colbert, Burton, OConnell and Cooper.....🤮🤢

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Alex's Final Jeopardy

[ Edited ]

Long time Jeopardy fan ---- the tribute brought me to tears---- will miss Alex 😭

OMG Katie Curic....OH NO....😱 This is a disaster waiting to happen.....Just as bad when Meredith Vieira tried to replace Regis Philbin on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.....If they want a woman go with Brooke Burns....

I would enjoy Mike Rowe as Jeopardy's host..... And Alfonso Ribeiro hosts Catch 21 on the Game Show Network, he's very personable and pleasant, he might be a good choice.....And Tom Bergeron might work....good host and good sense of humor too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Lost my husband to pacreatic cancer many years ago; Jeopardy was his favorite tv program and we watched it together throughout his struggle.  I was so impressed with how Alex marched on after his diagnosis.  I am reading his biography, The Answer Is which was written last summer.  He led a very interesting life and was quite a huminatarian.  I rarely miss a show and last nights final show was bitter sweet.  I think the tribute at the end was perfect; just what Alex would have approved of.  He stated in his book that he was a host, not a star.  Alex; you were the star in my book and you will be missed beyond words.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt @Alfonso Ribeiro would be a good choice, I hadn’t thought of him.  I also think Mike Rowe would be excellent.  Alex was such a pro, he’s a hard act to follow.