Honored Contributor

@twinsister From what I've read KJ will never be the permanent host. I think he's as dull as dishwater. Glad both he and KC are only fill ins.

Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick  We were not thrilled with the final send-off. We both thought it should have been more of a tribute. I don't see how they are going to replace him. How on earth is Katie Couric going to fill that void???

Trusted Contributor

What an emotional week!  Alex was a visitor in our homes for so many years, I feel like I've lost a friend.  The end of an era.  May you fly on the wings of the angels.

Valued Contributor

It would have been nice for longer tribute but I guess this went into time frame.I held it together somewhat.Like I said before loved him on High Rollers.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom Thankfully Couric will only be temp fill in. I would quit watching if she were on too long.

Honored Contributor

So.... who does everyone think would be a good host? Doesn’t sound like the two temporary ones are a good choice. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Alex's Final Jeopardy

[ Edited ]

They had an hour long tribute shortly after his death. I don't think what they showed tonight was necessarily a tribute - more of a recognition of the end of a job well done.

Like some of you I don't want to see Ken Jennings as even a fill-in but I've noticed he's making the talk show rounds. I purposely watched The Chase hoping my original thoughts about Jennings may have been wrong but he further confirmed them. I'll watch for the next couple of weeks but I'm not hopeful this show will continue to be a part of my watch list.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

So.... who does everyone think would be a good host? Doesn’t sound like the two temporary ones are a good choice. 

someone with personality!......colbert, bergeron, levar burton, jerry oconnell, anderson cooper, brad rutter?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

someone with personality!......colbert, bergeron, levar burton, jerry oconnell, anderson cooper, brad rutter?

@sunshine45   Excellent choices!!! Doesn't seem like ABC knows what they're doing so far. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ I disagree. ABC knows exactly what they are doing.

They're trying out fill in hosts until they make a final decision. I personally can't see LeVar Burton or a couple others as having the sparkle and wit that Alex had.

ABC will decide when they decide! Nothing to rush into, obviously.