Respected Contributor

Alex Trebek has cancer

[ Edited ]

Per TMZ and twitter, Alex Trebek  ( Jeopardy host) has just announced that he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. So sad.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Very sad news.  I'm sure he will fight his hardest to overcome this insidious disease.

Honored Contributor

Just saw that on the news. My Mom died of cancer last June, she loved to watch Jeopardy. This news breaks my heart and it's already broken since last June.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Contributor

So sad. Sending prayers. I love Jeopardy. I watch every night.

Respected Contributor

This news breaks my heart.  It is a horrible disease with few who survive more than a year.  I love watching Jeopardy but will not watch him decline.  He says he wants to keep on working but that disease takes a real toll on the body and keeping pain free doesn't stop its progression.  I will pray for him and his family as they go through this together.

Trusted Contributor

thYM00FXFA.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to hear this. I did hear it mentioned on the news.

Honored Contributor

My brother-in-law fought a very brave fight against this.  Prayers for Alex and his family.

Honored Contributor

Re: Alex Trebek has cancer

[ Edited ]

I am a longtime reader of a blog written by a woman who is dying from pancreatic cancer after having had intensive surgery and being pronounced cancer free 18 months ago:/

Good wishes for Alex Trebek,

Honored Contributor

Stage 4 pancreatic cancer means the cancer has spread to other organs, typically the liver or the lungs. You can't cure the cancer at this point, but you still have treatment options.

Survival rates. According to the American Cancer Society, the 5-year survival rate for people with stage 4 pancreatic cancer is approximately 1 percent.

healthline.com/health/pancreatic-cancer/stage-4

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif