Honored Contributor

Alert plus tips for *Orange is the New Black* fans

[ Edited ]

looking forward to the wrap-up of this fantastic show

Creator Jenji Kohan and executive producer Tara Herrmann offer fans a guide on how to prep for season 7.

EW.com                        July 19, 2019

cleanString caption

As Orange Is The New Black fans count down the days until the seventh and final season premieres July 26th on Netflix, they’re no doubt tempted to re-binge past seasons in preparation.

Not everyone has time to watch 78 hours of television in a week, of course — but fortunately, creator Jenji Kohan and executive producer Tara Herrmann have selected 13 key episodes fans can rewatch as a prelude to Litchfield’s swan song.

Season 1

Episode 1: “I Wasn’t Ready”

In which we meet upper-middle-class Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling) as she begins her 15-month sentence for carrying a suitcase of money 10 years earlier.                Featured backstory: Piper

Episode 5:  “The Chickening”

Piper sees, and becomes obsessed with catching, a chicken in the exercise yard. Featured backstory: Aledia (Elizabeth Rodriguez) and Daya (Dascha Polanco)

Season 2

Episode 2:  “Looks Blue, Tastes Red”

Taystee’s (Danielle Brooks) mother figure/mentor Vee (Lorraine Toussaint) arrives at Litchfield.                                                                                                                    Featured backstory: Taystee

Episode 4:  “A Whole Other Hole”

Lorna (Yael Stone) takes a very dangerous detour while driving the prison van. Featured backstory: Lorna

Episode 12: “It Was the Change”

Vee’s rivalry with Red (Kate Mulgrew) heats up.                                                        Featured backstory: Taystee and Vee

Season 3

Episode 10: “ A Tihtin’ and a Hairin’ ”

Daya (Dascha Polanco) contemplates who should raise her baby while she’s in prison. Featured backstory: Pennsatucky (Taryn Manning)

Episode 12: “Don’t Make Me Come Back There”

Sophia (Laverne Cox) is attacked and beaten by two inmates.                                  Featured backstory: Aleida and Daya

Season 4

Episode 12: “The Animals”

Poussey (Samira Wiley) dies after being restrained by a guard during a melee.              Featured backstory: CO Bailey (Alan Aisenberg)

Season 5

Episode 6: “Flaming Hot Cheetos, Literally”

During a riot and hostage standoff, the governor sends the Litchfield inmates Flaming Hot Cheetos as a peace offering.                                                                                    Featured backstory: Taystee

Episode 13: “Storm-y Weather”

The riot ends in an explosive and bloody fashion.

Season 6

Episode 1:  “Who Knows Better Than I”

The inmates are held in isolation as the prison authorities investigate the causes and perpetrators of the riot.                                                                                          Featured backstory: Suzanne (Uzo Aduba) and Cindy (Adrienne C. Moore)

Episode 8: “Gordons”

Aleida goes on a date with CO Hopper (Hunter Emery).                                            Featured backstory: Taystee and Tamika Ward (Susan Heyward) 

Episode 13: “Be Free”

Piper, Sophia, and Blanca (Laura Gomez) await release, while Taystee awaits the verdict in her murder trial.                                                                                                                          Featured backstory: Carol (Henny Russell) and Barb (Mackenzie Phillips)

------

Respected Contributor

Re: alert for *Orange is the New Black* fans

@feline groovyThanks for this info.  I just got Netflix and have started watching and have only seen 4 episodes of season 1.  Could not imagine watching all those episodes before Season 7 starts -- don't have that much free time.  13 episodes fit my schedule.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good to hear, @coffee drinker .

I'm about to post recaps to read for all six seasons - check it out.  8)

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy  Thank you for your hard work.  Now to find the time to read everything.  Tomorrow looks good for that.  Thanks, again!!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Alert plus tips for *Orange is the New Black* fans

Thanks a lot for posting this...I would of just watched the last season and not thought otherwise....maybe watched the whole thing over in a yr or so.

I'm in the first Season - fist episode now, had forgotten how funny the beginning was !!!

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alert plus tips for *Orange is the New Black* fans

I'm on the fifth episode of season 7.  So far, completely underwhelmed with the storylines and characters. Sadly disappointed in a show that I used to LOVE.