Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I really can't get over how Hilarious thought that she could carry off this not-so-elaborate grift, given the internet,  social media and classmates who knew her truth. 

@Johnnyeager Does anyone know why she would make up that she is Spanish, when she isn't? How bizarre!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@GRANNY77 wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

Such odd comments

"that's all they're capable of doing"

"I think there is something wrong with that woman"

"too many parents have no idea how to parent their chidren"

Do you personally know the Baldwins?

I agree!  Some of these comments are rude.  I feel they must love children to have six...no matter how they come to them.  

Didn't those Duggars have like 30?  What does it matter as long as they can be taken care of and loved?

@gertrudecloset 

Really?   Sorry, but "taken care of and loved" is only a good running start. 

Call me old fashioned, but parents need to see that their kids are properly EDUCATED.  We have too many kids out there that leave high school, and really have no way to support themselves. None.   

Yes, they can usually find some low-paying menial job, because they have no marketable skills, but I think McDonalds has access to all the food handlers they'll need for a few decades.

JMO

Yeah @Tinkrbl44 when I stated "taken care of" that meant education as well.  Under the realm of being taken care of is being sure to either home school them or let them attend public/private schools.  Very good likelihood these children will attend private schools.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alec & Hilaria Baldwin

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I really can't get over how Hilarious thought that she could carry off this not-so-elaborate grift, given the internet,  social media and classmates who knew her truth. 

@Johnnyeager Does anyone know why she would make up that she is Spanish, when she isn't? How bizarre!!

I saw her say that she her ancestry is from Spain and other parts of Europe.  She would be Multi ethnic if this is true.  Spaniards are from Europe.  She's not a Latina, but maybe she wants to embrace her Spainard roots?  Dunno, just making a wild guess @CANDLEQUEEN 

Kind of reminds me of Rachel Dozeal (woman who wanted to pass for Black).

Esteemed Contributor

Various articles I have read indicate that Hilary/Hilaria has a wide variety of European roots, several dating to pre-Revolution, but none appear to be Spanish. 

Her family did develop an interest in Spanish and Latin culture and she is certainly free to self-identify however she likes.

Anticipate,  however, that the Twitter-verse will call you out.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I saw her say that she her ancestry is from Spain and other parts of Europe.  She would be Multi ethnic if this is true.  Spaniards are from Europe.  She's not a Latina, but maybe she wants to embrace her Spainard roots?  Dunno, just making a wild guess @CANDLEQUEEN 

Kind of reminds me of Rachel Dozeal (woman who wanted to pass for Black).

@gertrudecloset I also thought about Rachel Dozeal when hearing this! Thanks for the explanation.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Various articles I have read indicate that Hilary/Hilaria has a wide variety of European roots, several dating to pre-Revolution, but none appear to be Spanish. 

Her family did develop an interest in Spanish and Latin culture and she is certainly free to self-identify however she likes.

Anticipate,  however, that the Twitter-verse will call you out.

@JohnnyeagerI've read that too.  The vast majority of which is from Great Britain.  I think I read, Welsh, English, Irish, and more in that region.

She contends that she has family in Spain (still).  Perhaps she's done some tracing of a family tree that takes her further back with members being from Spain.  I don't know.  To each his/her own is what I say. 

If she has developed a liking for Spanish culture it's not the same as Latin Culture.  Latin culture would take her to all other Spanish speaking nations outside of Spain (Europe).  Nothing wrong that either.