Regular Contributor

Alan Quartermaine - GH (Stuart Damon)

Has passed away at age 84 from renal failure.

Respected Contributor

Re: Alan Quartermaine - GH (Stuart Damon)

@Scooty  He'll always be Cinderella's Prince Charming to me.  😪🤴🙏

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Oh no!!!!! I loved him as Alan Quartermaine as well as Prince Charming from Cinderella with Lesley Ann Warren!!!! He was so handsome!

Honored Contributor

Oh no.

I do hope they do a tribute to him on GH.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@SloopJohnB YES!!!  I loved him as the Prince.  I thought he was soooo handsome.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awwww. I was sorry when they killed him off of GH...he was a legacy character. But they've ruined GH over the decades...it's heyday was great. I was a viewer over 30 years, but I can't watch now. I remember watching it at 5 y.o. with my grandma, on her black and white tv!  She'd admonish the characters, like if one of them was cheating on their spouse...lol.

EVEN with Genie Francis back, who I love, I'm not interested... it's just not the same. And all these new characters NO ONE knows or cares about...the whole appeal of soaps, in my opinion, is the historical thread of a serial show. You don't kill off all your legacy characters...you try to evolve all the show's history, and keep true to it.

I'll never forgive them for busting up Luke & Laura and giving them such a baaaad ending. I could go on about that but I've digressed...

Stuart Damon was also the Prince in the old Leslie Ann Warren Cinderella, back in the day.

Sorry to hear this. RIP

Respected Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@SloopJohnB YES!!!  I loved him as the Prince.  I thought he was soooo handsome.  

@eadu4  Yes, right?  🤴😍

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Oh no!!!!! I loved him as Alan Quartermaine as well as Prince Charming from Cinderella with Lesley Ann Warren!!!! He was so handsome!

He sure was. Even as he aged. Alan Q was a great character...dry sense of humor...he was made for the part...rich, handsome, a scoundrel sometimes to Monica, but she was his forever love...he was paired well with Leslie Charleson.

Esteemed Contributor

I never watched GH, but loved him in Cinderella with Lesley Ann Warren.  He was perfect as her prince - so handsome!  R.I.P.

Trusted Contributor

I have the movie on my kindle...I'll have to rewatch it.  I remember it so vividly as a little girl.  I so wanted to be Cinderella.